shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me spend my money

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

salscamperini

Rough_Rock
I am considering buying either:

#1:

1.1 carat, G color, VS2 round brilliant

#2:

1.3 carat, H color, SI1 round brilliant

Both are cut to ideal proportions, and both receive good HCA scores (although the 1.3 carat receives a better HCA score, it got a lower Bscope score).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NICE selections!

I would choose the 1.3 H SI. I don't like overpaying for VS clarity..and H is still super white in a well-cut stone. Plus you are gaining .20c of weight which is HUGE to the naked eye. We could be a difference in 1.25 and 1.35c...so 1.10 to 1.30 will be hugely visible IMO. The cuts are excellent on both, even if the Bscope results are a little better on the 1.1...both are still excellent.

If the HCA gives the 1.3 a good score, the numbers must be good and combined with the Bscope and the size...that's my choice!
1.gif
Good luck!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Is there a significant price difference?

I too vote for the 1.3 H SI1 as long as everything else (like flourescence or nature of inclusions) is equal. I would definitely rather have a bigger stone than go up only one grade in color and clarity. The differences of color and clarity will be negligible, but the difference in size will be noticeable.

But both look really sweet if high color/clarity is your thing!

salscamperini

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

The stones are about the same price. The SI1 stone is eye clean face up.

In your opinions, the H color rating is not so much of a big deal?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hello, color snob here...I actually AGREE with bigger than color in this instance. Why? The color difference will not be noticeable between a G or H, and since both cuts are excellent, get more for your money in size. It IS significant size difference. Clarity also will not be visible, but again, size will be. I am normally a purist and like great color and great clarity, but in your case, I think it's the best compromise for your money and with a RB, color and clarity tend to be null on these good cuts, since they are so similar, and the brilliancy will knockout any difference anyway...
9.gif
Just my $.02!!! Good luck and congrats on the big step!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO H is not a big deal at all. I would hands down choose an H if it meant that much bigger and was eye-clean. I have an H Regent and its sooo white...its smaller but still, no color at all.
2.gif
Good luck!

salscamperini

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone, I really appreciate it!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #2 as well. I just like the abundance of color light shown in the BS on that one!
2.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock

Mara's right. the clarity isn't that noticeable but the size is. BS results both look good.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results