shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me set this wee guy!

Hey RubyShoes, set your pink this way!

• Set the pink diamond in double halo of white diamonds, rose gold head, white shanks.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Set the pink diamond in double halo of pink diamonds, everything rose gold.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Set the pink diamond in double halo, with one halo being white diamonds and the other fancy light ye

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Set the pink in double halo, with one halo being white diamonds and the other fancy light yellow. Al

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a teeny .21 carat pink diamond (here's the thread https://www.pricescope.com/communit...hoosing-between-2-fancy-pink-diamonds.160744/ and it has pictures) and it's jaw-droppingly beautiful :appl: It's also jaw-droppingly teeny :tongue:

I don't want something super diminutive at this point so I am considering a double halo for it in rose gold, with white diamonds.

I am thinking of something like what Pricescope LovingDiamonds has (same head as her diamond is similar to mine dimensions wise) :

How much do you think I will end up spending on the setting? I have asked Sally from Heart of Water for a quote. (I would not be shipping my pink to her though).

Ideas to enhance finger coverage and boost pinkness please :love:

lovingdiamonds.jpg

pink.jpg

pinkstone1.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
rubyshoes ~

Oh, it's absolute pink happiness! :love: :love: :love:

Congratulations. I like LD's setting a lot. It would certainly give you the finger coverage you desire! What about alternating the colors of gold for the halo?

I am sure you'll get many phenomenal suggestions. Good luck and keep us posted, please.

~ faegrace

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely. Since it's a delicate shade of pink, I would probably use a basket in rose gold, and then surround it with a double halo of white diamonds in white gold. This will dramatically emphasize the pink color of the stone. I don't think it's super small for a pink diamond. Once you set it, it will look much bigger. They always look so tiny unset. Congrats on your FCD purchase!

I probably would not use a yellow diamond halo around it, as that may clash with the pink, and you want the pink to be the stand out here.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you like my ring! I like your diamond!!!!

Just a suggestion - I wouldn't surround your pink with white diamonds in rose gold - that looks very strange. Either use rose gold and pink melee (as in the halo in my ring) or, as TL has suggested, white diamonds with white gold. Although I would set your pear in rose gold. Does all that make sense?

You can see from my setting above, the pink melee, merges with the pink pear. If that's the look you want then go for it. If not and you want to enhance the pink, use white diamonds/white gold. This particular ring is a good size on the finger and gives good coverage so don't be worried about it looking lost. Here's a hand shot to show you. So you can gauge it, the pink in this ring is very very similar to the one you've bought.

Diamond Pink .55ct on hand1_1_1.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, LovingDiamonds, that is sooo super!!! Can you tell me where you bought the setting? Or did the person who sold the diamond to you make the ring for you?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry it was bought as a finished ring and I believe they only made 3 (probably due to finding the pinks). I'm pretty sure this was handmade.

Sally at HeartofWater set another pink for me into a phenomenal pendant and I'm sure she could do something similar. I guess sourcing the melee may be a little troublesome if you're looking for pinks (assuming you want natural/untreated as mine are)?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Could you use light pink sapphire melee instead of pink diamond? That may make it easier to find a setting.

ETA: I would also use pink stones with rose gold and white stones with white gold, but I wouldn't mix the white stones with rose gold.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for suggestions. I am leaning towards pink basket, pink melee and white shank with white melee :D

emeralddreams

Rough_Rock
Oh, goodness, LovingDiamonds. That hand shot is just gorgeous! It is truly breathtaking. I want one!!!!!!

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm glad you like my ring! I like your diamond!!!!

Just a suggestion - I wouldn't surround your pink with white diamonds in rose gold - that looks very strange. Either use rose gold and pink melee (as in the halo in my ring) or, as TL has suggested, white diamonds with white gold. Although I would set your pear in rose gold. Does all that make sense?

You can see from my setting above, the pink melee, merges with the pink pear. If that's the look you want then go for it. If not and you want to enhance the pink, use white diamonds/white gold. This particular ring is a good size on the finger and gives good coverage so don't be worried about it looking lost. Here's a hand shot to show you. So you can gauge it, the pink in this ring is very very similar to the one you've bought.

Diamond Pink .55ct on hand1_1_1.jpg

Where did you get this beauty?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results