shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me replicate Tiffany & Co Victoria earrings!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo I LOVE the Tiffany & Co Victoria earrings size small but cannot fathom spending $8200 Australian dollars on them. Ive trawled through second hand online boutiques and ebay etc..... hoping to find a second hand pair.

So now Im going to have them replicated. Id love help to perfect this, along with suggestions of possible jewellers to make them and source stones.

The small ones have 0.64 tcw which makes each marquise 0.8 - now i realise dimensions can change but I cannot take my ruler out in the Tiffany store hehe not would I get an accurate measurement with such small stones.

I know many of you have such an eye for these details so help me execute these perfectly! I know it sounds silly but Im wanting people to see them in my ears and think straight away "Wow they're Tiffany".

Platinum.

I would like to wear these ALL THE TIME, swimming, showering, playing with kids, exercising etc....... so need further input about this too...

Thank you so much! PS i dont have a budget yet, but given the tiny sizes of the stones Im hoping to do this for between the $1000 and $2000 mark. Is this realistic?

tiffany-victoriaearrings-11833187_926351_0.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1449196884|3957209 said:
Sooooo I LOVE the Tiffany & Co Victoria earrings size small but cannot fathom spending $8200 Australian dollars on them. Ive trawled through second hand online boutiques and ebay etc..... hoping to find a second hand pair.

So now Im going to have them replicated. Id love help to perfect this, along with suggestions of possible jewellers to make them and source stones.

The small ones have 0.64 tcw which makes each marquise 0.8 - now i realise dimensions can change but I cannot take my ruler out in the Tiffany store hehe not would I get an accurate measurement with such small stones.

I know many of you have such an eye for these details so help me execute these perfectly! I know it sounds silly but Im wanting people to see them in my ears and think straight away "Wow they're Tiffany".

Platinum.

I would like to wear these ALL THE TIME, swimming, showering, playing with kids, exercising etc....... so need further input about this too...

Thank you so much! PS i dont have a budget yet, but given the tiny sizes of the stones Im hoping to do this for between the $1000 and $2000 mark. Is this realistic?

I saw the most beautiful 5 marquise flower at my jeweler. The stones were super white D-E, very clean (I loupes it) and almost no bowtie.
It was on a platinum setting and chain. 15 points each, just under $2k.

They also made a 4 marquise flower like you're looking for but I preferred the five so that is the only pic I took.

If your ctw is .64, each stone would be .08, not 0.8. If you want to contact info, I can give it to you.

_976.jpeg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
.64ct total wt for 8 diamonds is .08ct each. And they'd have to be two matched sets of 4 and shold all be the same color.
size chart for marquise (there are others online and some may be better) http://www.jwdiamonds.ca/pdfs/diamond_sizes_chart.pdf

The outer points of the marquise diamonds tip up, like petals of a flower opening. But at what angle I don't know. See photo
http://www.whittensfinejewelry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Tiffany-Co-Tiffany-Victoria-Marquise-Diamond-Earrings-Whittens-Fine-Jewelry.jpg

The gallery looks pretty standard and easy to do. Center prong appears to be a good bead and it shared by the 4 stones. You could have either push backs or screw backs or French wires or whatever, depending on your tastes.

I'm not a jeweler. I am a technologist. lol But when you analyze the details, you can kind of see why this is probably not inexpensive to replicate, in diamond at least.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both!! Sorry yes I realise 0.08 ct would each marquise. I will have a look at your links soon and thank you for pics!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent find gypsy!!! I'm didn't search Ebay USA but will definitely consider these if they will post to Australia. I do think medium may be a Little large on me though...

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
laurenk|1449215451|3957340 said:
Excellent find gypsy!!! I'm didn't search Ebay USA but will definitely consider these if they will post to Australia. I do think medium may be a Little large on me though...

No way. Seriously. Those are not large earrings.

And if they don't ship to Australia, I will seriously do it for you. Ship them to me. I'll go to Fed Ex and get a quote, you pay me, I'll ship them to you.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks dollyanjuli!!! I'll ask for better pics!

Gypsy you are so so kind!!! I actually tried the small on in store this week - they were perfect - I need to check how much bigger these are, I have quite small lobes. How can I contact you?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I am not a long time poster on PS, but since the Tiffany Victoria line has been on my wish list for a long time and seems to be near impossible to replicate , I decided to chime in (...also because I am outside the US as well, I know how hard returns arw, when you're not happy with your purchase...)

I saw this listing myself, considered and decided to pass because of the bow ties. Somehow Tiffs are able to match 4 completely bow-tie less marquises every time. At outrageous prices... yes... but EVERYtime I tried to get 4 marquises set this way, they seem to create a dark circle in the earrings, making this problem very visible/ multiplying the problem. Even in the bad ebay pics this is pretty obvious...

ICouldn't find a jeweler /vendor who was able (willing) to match 8 marquises (not even 4..) of small ctw and superb cut, to have a pendant or earrings made.
The settings of the original are also slightly curved which makes all the difference on the lobes. These here seem to be flat against the ear...

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kipari|1449223313|3957358 said:
Hi, I am not a long time poster on PS, but since the Tiffany Victoria line has been on my wish list for a long time and seems to be near impossible to replicate , I decided to chime in (...also because I am outside the US as well, I know how hard returns arw, when you're not happy with your purchase...)

I saw this listing myself, considered and decided to pass because of the bow ties. Somehow Tiffs are able to match 4 completely bow-tie less marquises every time. At outrageous prices... yes... but EVERYtime I tried to get 4 marquises set this way, they seem to create a dark circle in the earrings, making this problem very visible/ multiplying the problem. Even in the bad ebay pics this is pretty obvious...

ICouldn't find a jeweler /vendor who was able (willing) to match 8 marquises (not even 4..) of small ctw and superb cut, to have a pendant or earrings made.
The settings of the original are also slightly curved which makes all the difference on the lobes. These here seem to be flat against the ear...

Thank you for your insightful comments. I can appreciate everything you said. I have bought pear shaped diamonds, and I can appreciate the diffulty in finding a sparkling pear with minimal bow-tie, let alone finding all four that not only have minimal bow tie and plenty of brightness, but also match in color, size, and clarity. Tiffany is a large enough company which can order lots and lots of diamonds to pick and choose at will, but smaller scale jewelers cannot have the same luxury. Yes, uniformity is a big thing, and there is a price associated with it. I understand very well about its importance from expensive, high quality South Sea pearls.

Although I typically am more willing to give up top quality workmanship for top quality diamonds, I think the details of fine workmanship that affect comfort, function, and durability cannot be ignored. Lastly, photos cannot capture the difference in appearance between authentic and replica. It all depends on what we expect from a piece of jewelry, a timesless, forever keepsake or a casual accessory for daily wear without worry of loss or damage.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1449198801|3957229 said:
I saw the most beautiful 5 marquise flower at my jeweler. The stones were super white D-E, very clean (I loupes it) and almost no bowtie.
It was on a platinum setting and chain. 15 points each, just under $2k.

They also made a 4 marquise flower like you're looking for but I preferred the five so that is the only pic I took.

If you want to contact info, I can give it to you.

This is very pretty. I also like the five petals better. Wish your jeweler is near my home, so I can check it out in person.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kipari|1449223313|3957358 said:

I own the Tiffany Victoria--and it is in the design that they sit so perfectly in the ear. The devil is in the details.

To the OP--I know this isn't helpful but I would encourage you to reconsider the original Tiffany Victoria earrings. If you intend to wear them as you say you will--then it will be pennies a day. And for what it's worth--people eyes are GLUED to my ears when I wear them and with always the same compliment to follow-----"those are SO beautiful"!

cheers--Sharon

Zorro

Rough_Rock
Hi Lauren, I hate to make your quest more difficult than it already is but ..... I want to make sure you realize the Victoria line you're illustrating is the old version. Tiffany recently updated the design and it now incorporates 3 marquise and 2 pear shape I believe. You can find some pics on their website I think.
And the reason why the task of replicating will prove difficult is that they cut their stones in their own factories to identical proportions so they rarely have problems with bow tie. This will be nearly impossible to match because any jeweler or dealer will likely gather stones from various sources and chances are they were not cut to identical proportions. They may exercise very good judgement at selecting closely matched stones but anyone will tell you that matching 8 to 10 stones perfectly is not an easy task.
Tiffanys prices may be high but in the long run, you might find yourself happy to own something that came in that li'l blue box... :)
Whatever route you take, I hope you have fun along the way and enjoy what you will end up with!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your detailed responses! I chuckled a bit as usually on here (mostly e rings) people do replicate Tiffany to save money but I realise buying one large e ring stone is much easier that 8 perfectly matched tiny stones.....

My local store in Brisbane Australia sells the original 4 marquise flower as per my picture and they show on the Australian and US website. I have seen the variation too and think it's gorgeous But I refer the original.

Canuk-gal - can I possibly ask what size yours are and whether you beleive you could wear them all the time (if you wished)? I'd love a picture!!

I'm going to really consider the Ebay option that Gypsy found - I've emailed them for more pictures and info - I'm terrified of fake Tiffany on eBay though...

I think to be totally happy I should reconsider having them made and buy the real thing, I do have a ten year anniversary coming up but I also have a e ring upgrade in the works (slowly but surely)..... I think I need to stop shopping! Hehe

Would love to hear from anyone else who owns these too!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1449260538|3957535 said:
Thank you to everyone for your detailed responses! I chuckled a bit as usually on here (mostly e rings) people do replicate Tiffany to save money but I realise buying one large e ring stone is much easier that 8 perfectly matched tiny stones.....

Canuk-gal - can I possibly ask what size yours are and whether you beleive you could wear them all the time (if you wished)? I'd love a picture!!

Mine have aqua--long retired...but I adore them! Diamonds 8-10 points each?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-foresake-all-others.195582/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-foresake-all-others.195582/[/URL]

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can reach me through my listings on Diamond Bistri. I have a band for sale there. My DB name is Plizzard

Q

Queenie60

Gypsy|1449218237|3957348 said:

And if they don't ship to Australia, I will seriously do it for you. Ship them to me. I'll go to Fed Ex and get a quote, you pay me, I'll ship them to you.

Gypsy: You're a gem! I've been wanting to say that to you for sometime. I've read so many posts where you have gone above and beyond to help out a fellow PS'r. Wishing you a very happy Holiday Season :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1449269054|3957596 said:

Gypsy: You're a gem! I've been wanting to say that to you for sometime. I've read so many posts where you have gone above and beyond to help out a fellow PS'r. Wishing you a very happy Holiday Season :wavey:

Aww. Thanks so much. I've shipped stuff people have bought from me to Australia, and with Fed Ex, it's usually about 150 dollars and frankly pretty damned easy. I wish more sellers would offer it.

Plus I've been to Australia and the jewelry prices there almost made me pass out.

simurgh

Rough_Rock

+1, Gypsy, you're so sweet and helpful! what a nice offer.
OP - you may want to try on the medium before buying - i found them too big - if you have small lobes the ebd of the marquises can end up in weird, poky/ unattractive places. Also, if you need to measure them, you could buy then return them?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
simurgh|1449385870|3958156 said:

+1, Gypsy, you're so sweet and helpful! what a nice offer.
OP - you may want to try on the medium before buying - i found them too big - if you have small lobes the ebd of the marquises can end up in weird, poky/ unattractive places. Also, if you need to measure them, you could buy then return them?

Hello! I have tried the mini and small and will try on the medium ASAP before this auction ends. I get so nervous of them not being the perfect size so I will doubly make sure!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man oh man, that collection is expensive! I've always liked it - so delicate and pretty - but they are charging 2k for a ctw of 12 points! That's the mini pendant, with 0.12 weight of diamonds, and 2k plus tax. I'd guess that the other items are commensurately more too.

What's odd is that this collection is way more expensive than the Tiffany DBTY or the solitaire necklaces and bracelets, or many of the diamond jewelry pieces, when you calculate by ctw.

Still, I guess if a person can afford it with ease and adores the design, perhaps the cost relative to what you get doesn't matter so much. I have to maximize the value of my things in order to justify the cost, but I guess if I were a multi-millionaire and could just buy whatever I wanted, I'd probably buy a few of the Victoria items. But for people with more sensitive wallets, I think the prices are eye-watering and personally, I feel there is a lot of diamond jewelry out there which is just as delicate and pretty, for much less! JMO. :wavey:

ETA: I'd also be very wary of ebay fakes.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya|1449438663|3958327 said:
Man oh man, that collection is expensive! I've always liked it - so delicate and pretty - but they are charging 2k for a ctw of 12 points! That's the mini pendant, with 0.12 weight of diamonds, and 2k plus tax. I'd guess that the other items are commensurately more too.

What's odd is that this collection is way more expensive than the Tiffany DBTY or the solitaire necklaces and bracelets, or many of the diamond jewelry pieces, when you calculate by ctw.

Still, I guess if a person can afford it with ease and adores the design, perhaps the cost relative to what you get doesn't matter so much. I have to maximize the value of my things in order to justify the cost, but I guess if I were a multi-millionaire and could just buy whatever I wanted, I'd probably buy a few of the Victoria items. But for people with more sensitive wallets, I think the prices are eye-watering and personally, I feel there is a lot of diamond jewelry out there which is just as delicate and pretty, for much less! JMO. :wavey:

ETA: I'd also be very wary of ebay fakes.

It does seem to be an expensive collection.....but it's sooo pretty!! I do think they are totally overpriced which is why I hoped to replicate which I know think will be tricky. I'm watching the Ebay auction and will keep scouring websites like 1stDibs etc.... The only way I'd justify these is if I could wear them ALL the time and over a life time that's ok with me!

:)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Four 3 point diamonds for $2000, no way. I have never seen them of course. One time years ago I held a 12 point diamond out of a ring a jeweller removed it from and I could not believe how tiny a sliver it was as looked so much bigger in the side stone setting. A 3 point stone will just feel not much bigger than a piece of glitter. Up to you but I wouldn't give up a larger diamond for this one laurenk.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1449196884|3957209 said:

The small ones have 0.64 tcw which makes each marquise 0.8 - now i realise dimensions can

See it is 0.64 tcw you are considering but that does not make each marquise 0.8 which would be bigger than 0.64, it makes each marquise 0.08.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, good luck in your quest, Lauren! You know, I think I've seen jewelry that's a four-petal flower made with marquises a number of times - I'm not sure the design is quite so rare. Are there many jewelry stores where you live? I'd recommend having a good trawl, especially in places that sell pre-owned things. Sometimes it's amazing what you can find.

I have tried on the 0.12 mini Victoria necklace. While it is indeed very, very mini, it's not quite as mini as the carat weight would suggest. I guess the setting helps. A person would only like it if they liked extremely delicate jewelry, and a part of me does. I was considering the 0.12 when it was $1700, although not that seriously, and now it's 2k. Sadly, for myself I cannot justify it, especially as I already have so much jewelry. Maybe I'll buy from the Victoria collection if I ever find fame and fortune! I wonder why it is so expensive even for Tiffany. Headscratcher.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to save you time, I wanted to let you know that I've just looked through most of it for my own interests and didn't find any of the Victoria collection :(

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checked Lang Antiques, Oakgem, Betteridge, Dover Jewelry, and New York Estate Jewelry for you but didn't find any of the Victoria collection at all. You'd think there'd be more pre-owned items of this collection around, considering that it's iconic and has been in production for a long time.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya|1449507260|3958585 said:
Just checked Lang Antiques, Oakgem, Betteridge, Dover Jewelry, and New York Estate Jewelry for you but didn't find any of the Victoria collection at all. You'd think there'd be more pre-owned items of this collection around, considering that it's iconic and has been in production for a long time.

You are so sweet to find the time to search for these! I appreciate all of your input, effort and opinion - I really do!! I shall continue trawling through and I've set up alerts too. I'll also visit some places here in Brisbane Australia who don't have websites...

I will update my progress if and when I purchase these!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results