shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me quickly please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got less than an hour to make a decision .........

I''m tracking an old euro cut on Ebay (set into a ring). The seller is not a jeweller. Some of her photos make the diamond look grey but she says in her listing that the diamond is white and only a few tiny black marks can be seen with a loupe. She says she doesn''t know the colour grade of the diamond but insists it''s white. There is no return policy.

When I asked her about the colour and mentioned that some of the photos made the diamond look grey she said that she had used Ebay photo editing to adjust the colour and had noticed that too. Is this possible?

MTIA

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how expensive the item and diamond is. If in the low hundreds, I''d take the risk. If it costs in the mid hundreds, I would not since there is a NO returns policy. I don''t want to be stuck with something included, dark, etc. In addtion, if she doesn''t know the colour and other stats, how would she know how to price it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not expensive at all Chrono. She really doesn''t seem to know much about the diamond and I''ve asked for some more photos of the diamond head on to evaluate the facets (because you can''t see them clearly) but she hasn''t responded. With only 1 minute to go in the auction, I doubt whether she will. I''ll email her and say that I''m still interested if she can get more photos to me. I really don''t want to be stuck with a horrible diamond! Thanks for your reply.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yikes. A time crunch, no papers, adjusted photos and a seller with no jewelery history? Personally, that's too many unknowns for me, but I wish you the best if you decide to pursue it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results