shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strash

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of looking and hopefully soon buying an engagement ring. I have looked all around my area and have look all over the internet for hours, researching and pricing diamonds. My question is, I''m not sure I can purchase a diamond off the internet. I just don''t feel comfortable and safe doing that. I don''t know, maybe I''m wrong because I see all these awesome prices online that I am not seeing in the stores. Maybe I haven''t check all the stores? Does anyone know any good stores that are located in the Northeast Ohio area? Ones that would sell me an excellent for a fair price? And maybe someone can give me information about some online companies that would ease me worries. Thank you!!!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

If you click on the following you link, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/

it will show you all the pictures of the e-rings and also who the seller is.. and some have a link to their original story and how the transaction went.

I personally bought a stone from www.goodoldgold.com and there is a ton of info on their site that I think you might find quite interesting. There are also lots of vendors here online that have gotton some crazy great reviews such as: www.Whiteflash.com , I bought my wedding band from them over the internet also... and I'm sure there's lots more you will come across.

And many of our other members who are much more knowledgable than me will be able to help you.. and you will find that most of us have ended up purchasing our stones on the internet.

Good luck! And welcome to PS!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You can also search past threads using the Vendor's names you'll see in the "Show Me the Ring Forum" and read about other people's buying experiences.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not very confident that B&M stores would offer the same prices as internet sellers with enough consistency to make any of them a "destination" for net-like pricing. Sorry to say this...

However, why would a "diamond" that you see be any safer a purchase than a "virtual" one? Unless you are in the trade or have some other source of extensive experience with diamonds, chances are you will not be able to tell whether a stone in front of you the seller shows you is a diamond, let alone grading and other quality checks. I strongly believe that most of the "seeing is believing" type of safety does not apply to an infrequent purchase such as this. If you are a gem/jewelry collector, this does not make any sense anymore... but what do I know? Sure so, diamond quality and seller's reputation come at a price on and off-line, although I guess on-line these are cheaper, since most sellers have to go the extra mile to reassure customers - something you seem quite acquainted with.

Just a thought, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results