shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP ME PLEASE... find a Sapphire to replace my center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say I absolutely love your ring as it stands (but I''m not the one wearing it
8.gif
)
You gotta do what you gotta do. From other people''s experiences sometimes color stone searches in larger or very specific sizes can take longer than diamond searches.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 12:53:41 PM
Author: stepcutnut

Date: 2/6/2009 11:28:33 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 2/6/2009 10:07:43 AM

Date: 2/5/2009 5:40:11 PM

Author: cushioncutnut

I think the cushion stone and the pear sides are just yummy. If I may be honest, I can see why you are not in love with the ring as a hole. Have you considered having David slant the sidestones a little bit more so they look less like wings. I say this because I don''t like how my pear sidestones are next to my cushion. I am hoping to have Leon redo my ring in the near future. He has a knack for how sidestones should be set...not to mention those gorgeous claw shaped prongs!!

CCN-unless I find a slightly smaller center stone, I don''t think that I could have the sides slanted, they are to the edge of my finger the way it is and I HATE having my rings poke me!!! I don''t think that they could even be set any lower or they would also be jabbing me all the time. I don''t like sides stones that are set slightly under the centereither-seems like a waist to me to lose part of the face up size of them. So, that being said I am not sure what could be done to change the wingy look of the sides!!!

Good luck with LM-he certainly does lovely work, but is such a bear to deal with---down right rude in my opinion!

I understand... I was just trying to pinpoint what exactly it is that you are not like about the ring. Is it the way it flows? I was talking about a slight slant...nothing over the top or that would poke you. Sorry if this came across as overly critical. I personally have talked with Leon on several occassions. I can see where people might take him the wrong way....but I never felt in any way he was rude.

ETA: I am all for a sapphire center stone!!! I hope you find something DREAMY! Have fun with your search!

CCN-nope, didn''t come across as critical at all---just not sure how I would change the wings on the ring(even a slight slant would make the sides poke my fingers-I sometimes get poked the way it is)!

I really think that it is the lack of contrast between the center and the sides, the center really matches my own skin tone too much also.

So, I kind of came to the conclusion that the ring either needed to be all white or have a center stone with alot of contrast.

The all white was posing a problem, so I think I''ve moved onto a blue sapphire center.

I too have spoke with LM personally on several occasions and he was very short and quit rude---I love his work, not his attitude-so I put my project on hold with him for awhile!

I have seen several lovely blue sapphires, but am going to have to wait on pricing on a few of them.

That makes total sense to me about it not contrasting with your skin tone. What about adding a rose gold cup under the basket! That may make all the difference and may not cost so much to do. You may have to start from scratch if you choose a sapphire to replace it.. But I am happy to enable you in getting a sapphire!
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:02:03 PM
Author: part gypsy
Just wanted to say I absolutely love your ring as it stands (but I''m not the one wearing it
8.gif
)

You gotta do what you gotta do. From other people''s experiences sometimes color stone searches in larger or very specific sizes can take longer than diamond searches.
thanks, it really is lovely(my hubby loves it)I am hoping that the search is not too long!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
CCN-the basket is already closed with RG, so unfortunately not an option!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts on this one 4.42ct, 10.10 x 7.40 x 5.80 mm---a lot lighter than I originally considered! And I usually don''t love scissor cuts, but it kind of speaks to me for some reason!?!?!

4.42ct sapphire.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think that sapphire is lovely. I love how the scissor cut would compliment/contrast with the step pears!

Oh, and I want to second the idea about haloing the cushion in brown diamonds. Sounds soooo yummy! Are you trading that stone back in? It really is beautiful, and I''m sorry it''s not working for you.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your opinion upgradable!!! I really appreciate it!

Keep the opinions coming please :)

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! I like the fact that it''s not a cut you see everyday - something a little different and unique from everyone else. I think the light pattern with a scissor cut would be interesting as well. If you are going to set it in your current setting, I think the scissor cut would provide more sparkle to go with the sidestones. It may be a little lighter than you were looking for but it may look a littler darker in person or when set.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:23:09 PM
Thanks SDL!!! I really wish that it would just start singing to me, because I think that it really is lovely-darn it!

The side stones are really wonderful, I too had never seen anything like them-so I just had to snatch them up(even though they were a ridiculous price).

Thanks for the hugs, no one near me really gets what my issue with the ring is and that is really frustrating too---I knew PS'ers would understand though and steer me in the right direction :)

Those pears are just spectacular! Would you consider a pear center as well?

ETA: The scissor cut is pretty, I bet the facets would play nicely off of the pears.

What are your plans for the old center stone?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:21:43 PM
Author: secondhandnews
Very nice! I like the fact that it''s not a cut you see everyday - something a little different and unique from everyone else. I think the light pattern with a scissor cut would be interesting as well. If you are going to set it in your current setting, I think the scissor cut would provide more sparkle to go with the sidestones. It may be a little lighter than you were looking for but it may look a littler darker in person or when set.

Thanks for your opinion! I think it would be a wonderfully bright stone, I am a little worried about the light color and the fact that the shape might not be right to go with my pears!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:03:06 PM
Author: mercoledi
Date: 2/5/2009 1:23:09 PM

Thanks SDL!!! I really wish that it would just start singing to me, because I think that it really is lovely-darn it!

The side stones are really wonderful, I too had never seen anything like them-so I just had to snatch them up(even though they were a ridiculous price).

Thanks for the hugs, no one near me really gets what my issue with the ring is and that is really frustrating too---I knew PS'ers would understand though and steer me in the right direction :)

Those pears are just spectacular! Would you consider a pear center as well?
Thanks, I love the pears too!!! I am leaning towards no on a pear cut center, only because I would like a center with chunky facets to match with the sides!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
SNC

I don''t know much about sapphires - generally they don''t float my boat. Ths scissor cut stone you showed was very nice though. The fact that the background is so blue worries me a little, have you asked for additional photographs?

I want to chime in on those pears. I''ve never seen step cut pears and they are really lovely and very unique looking.

I also want to thank you. Your comments about the lack of contrast between your centre stone and your skin tone have helped me firm up a couple of deciisions for on of my own projects.

Good luck with your search.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 2:32:24 PM
Author: Gailey
SNC

I don''t know much about sapphires - generally they don''t float my boat. Ths scissor cut stone you showed was very nice though. The fact that the background is so blue worries me a little, have you asked for additional photographs?

I want to chime in on those pears. I''ve never seen step cut pears and they are really lovely and very unique looking.

I also want to thank you. Your comments about the lack of contrast between your centre stone and your skin tone have helped me firm up a couple of deciisions for on of my own projects.

Good luck with your search.

I''m glad my ring mess helped someone!!!

I actually just found out the stone sold today-so that is that I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results