shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me play

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So I have these loose gems that I''m itching to do something with but my husband has been laid off so all jewelry projects have been put on the back burner. So to help me appease some of my jewelry yearnings, tell or better yet show me what you do with some (or all) of these gems. The only things I''m pretty sure of are that the tsavorites are destined for earrings and the green beryl for a pendant as it''s too big/deep for a ring for me.

top row: aquamarine, pair of tsavorites
middle row: green beryl, blue zircon
bottom row: blue spinel, chrysoberyl, rubelite tourmaline

top row: same pair of tsavorites, pink/peach tourmaline (horrible color representation in this pic), chrysoberyl
bottom row: same rubelite tourmaline, same blue zircon, garnet

It''s a shame that all the red stones look so yucky in those pictures. They look awesome in person.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Whoa you have a beautiful collection of colored stones there! I especially love that scrumptious rubelite tourmaline - wow!!! You could do any number of wonderful things with all those goodies.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, Sundial - I''m just loving pink right now!

Those are all beautiful gems. What a nice variety you have!
4.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
What are the sizes of the stones? I looove that zircon!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, lovely stones!!! I''m always up for some creative brainstorming. I''m not sure what your style is, but here are a few ideas that I love.

For the square tourmaline you have...I got inspired to see it diagonally, so how about setting it like that in a pave ring???

side-ways-squaresonte.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

sideways-squarestone2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m also partial to simple bezels for pendants, many of the stones you have here would look pretty set like this pendant and it wouldn''t be too expensive I can''t imagine.

bezeladfgfdg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like modern, you could do a gypsy set ring.

modern_look-sfdg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could also take a few of the stones at one time and put them in a necklace like this. You could play around with the stones to see what kind of color/shape arrangement might look nice.

pendant-many-stone.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another idea would be taking the two tsavoriate diamonds (or any other two) and making a funky RHR like this one.

funkyRHR.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
some of the smaller stones would look awesome as a halo pendant!

halo_pendantargarg.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 10:21:07 PM
Author: Fashionvictim
What are the sizes of the stones? I looove that zircon!

Let''s see... sizes... The mm sizes are all guesstimates since I don''t have that info here at work.

The rubelite is 2.17 carats and is about 8 - 8.5mm square
The tsavorites are 2 carats total and are about 6mm
The zircon is 1.21 carats and is about 5-6mm
The aquamarine is 2.something carats (the writing got rubbed off) and is about 6x12mm
The green beryl is 4.8 carats and is about 10-11mm
The pink/peach tourmaline is 2.98 carats and is about 8mm
The garnet is 3.97 carats and is about 7x9mm
The spinel is 1.42 carats and is about 4x6mm
The green chrysoberyl is 1.19 carats and is about 4x6mm
The yellow chrysoberyl is 3.94 carats and is about 8mm

I suppose I''m rather classic in my jewelry choices. I don''t like things that are too organic but I also don''t like things that are ultramodern either. Clean, simple lines are my first choice. But don''t think about what I would like, I want to see what other people would do with them because I want to stretch my imagination a bit.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ideas, kcoursolle. I especially like the idea for the square rubelite. The green chrysoberyl might look nice gypsy set too.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking for the round, blue zircon to do something like this (they won''t let me insert the image so I have to use a link) with blue sapphires, either round or pear, as the side stones. I''m kind of drawn to the two tone look but I''ve never owned any jewelry like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results