shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick something at Tiffany''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So, here is the deal. I have a gift card with about $100 at Tiffany''s, I am willing to put another $100 to get something I really want. I would love some input as to what to get. I would say I like timeless pieces. This does not have to be an "everyday" piece. In fact, I need some more "fun" jewelry. So anyone up for helping me spend some money????

Here are my thoughts

Silver Circle

Tsav band A little over budget, and the Tsav is tiny, but I do like these bands

This one would be a little step out of my confort zone, but may go great with a strapless shirt/dress

Honest opinions welcome, feel free to make other sugestions

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for the first necklace. It would be a great everyday piece!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the circle pendant!! Very pretty!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Out of your three choices, I do like the first necklace.

I love shopping for other people!!!
36.gif
I hope I can be of some help! Here are some pieces in your price range that I like...
31.gif

a. I love the look of this ring...it looks really pretty in person:
Notes Ring

b. Drops down really pretty, semi-similarish to your third choice:
Loving heart lariat

c. This is a fun piece - if you like the lettering/signage type of jewlery, I think it is REALLY cute and fun:
Triple drop pendant

d. I like how dainty and subtle this is:
Heart clover necklace

e. Pretty and elegant ring:
Double heart ring

f. Beautiful ring as well:
Loving heart ring

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the first one, that''s a great piece!!! Let us know what you decide.
1.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m kinda loving the TIffany charms, and they have a great selection in your price range: what about something like this apple charm? Or a cupcake, martini, taxi charm, etc.?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The first necklace is very wearable, but, I do like the third one you posted. It would be so cute with a button up that isn''t so buttoned up!
28.gif

I got the graduated bead necklace a few years ago. I love wearing it when I''m in the mood for a bold, fun piece.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one the best!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one best.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one best too. I agree with orbaya-I''d get the larger one. I also love the charm pendants. (especially the pink cupcake)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your suggestions! I didn''t even see the larger circle. I saw the one on the black chain, but that was expensive. I will probably make the trip next weekend and make my final selection. Right now it will most likely be the circle necklace, although I will look at some of the other suggestions I have never seen before as well. My boyfriend actually has the giftcard and he just few out for a week long work trip
emsad.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually have the tsav band. Here''s another link to pics There are several pics of it after the silver topaz.

Anyway, just thought you might like to see more of what it looks like IRL.

I can''t wait to see what you get!

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
How fun! My vote is for #1, too ....

This reminds me that I''m long overdue for a trip to T&Co to check out the goods! Lots of great ideas in this thread!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 3:00:21 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I actually have the tsav band. Here''s another link to pics There are several pics of it after the silver topaz.

Anyway, just thought you might like to see more of what it looks like IRL.

I can''t wait to see what you get!

Thanks for the pics, I really like that ring, but for the reasons you stated, I don''t think I am going to get it right now. I am leaning towards the circle neclkace, because that was the thing that cought my eye most. And I feel good that I am getting a lot of confirmation on that with everyone''s opionons.

I read you thread, funny what you said about the ring size. I think the silver rings run small, because I need a size 7 in those. However, when I try on one of their more expensive pieces, I am a size 6. I think it is weird that there are 2 sizing standards in the same store.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Do you like their signature elsa peretti bean pendant? I''ve always liked that one.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the 1st one, now you have me wanting it too. hehe
2.gif
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

I would take the first one.

The mesh pendant is VERY delicate. Have you seen it with the pearl as well? I love the mesh pendant with the pearl, almost got it last year for my birthday, but my wonderful boyfriend ended up getting me the Elsa Peretti Pearls by the Yard necklace instead!!!

31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:09:08 AM
Author: TanDogMom
Do you like their signature elsa peretti bean pendant? I''ve always liked that one.
After MANY years of longing for the bean, I finally got it for Christmas. It is gorgeous!!!
36.gif
lol

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 1:13:43 AM
Author: Skippy123
I love the 1st one, now you have me wanting it too. hehe
2.gif
3.gif
Well, better this than some of the pricer things Tiffany''s has to offer
2.gif

Oh I have seen the bean, bought it for a friend one year in college for her b-day, she loved it. Maybe it is just because I live in a town with a Tiffany''s, but I feel like I have seen too many beans.

dreamgirl, I saw the pendant you are reffering too, I almost put that one up instead, but than i took it down because I wasn''t sure about the fourm rules. What a great boyfriend!!! Lucky girl.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I hear ya on the bean. I live in a town without a Tiffany, and you still see a lot of them around! I do like it though. when you bought it for a friend in college, (depending on how long ago that was) was it half what it costs now? I bought my first Tiff silver earrings in college for $55, approx 7 yrs ago, and last I checked the same ones are $150 now.

I really like that first circle pendant you posted!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first too!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 is very cute and wearable.

Have you tried it on in person or will you be ordering online? I just ask as I had been lusting over another Tiffany pendant for a long time, but when I got into the store, realized it was way too big and decided on the smaller version! Another time, I decided to order another pendant but online instead, and it arrived and was microscopic and I had to return it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
SD lady - what a cute story!!!!

MC - I am hoping to go this weekend and see the stuff in person. I have stuff from Tiffany''s that I thought was cute, but now....I don''t wear so much. So I want to see it in person for sure, and the opinions in advance help, because sometimes while in the store, you have too many choices....

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I was FAR off of what you liked, sorry...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 6:06:22 PM
Author: Elegant
I guess I was FAR off of what you liked, sorry...
You weren''t far, there was a time when I loved those pieces. My preferences change every few years. If you would have met me a few years ago you would have been right on
21.gif
. One of my best friends has some of the pieces you showed me and they look great. She wears them everyday.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got to go yesterday. I loved the circle pendant as soon as I saw it. I was trying on the small one, I couldn't find the big one, and while looking in the mirror the sales lady said "Because you are tall, I think the bigger one would look better on you and it is not that much more money." I tried the bigger one on and it was exactly what I was looking for. I don't have enough jewelry that I can wear at night with lower cut shirts, most of my necklaces are small. My boyfriend was with me and at he said he liked the smaller one better. The sales lady was so blunt. She looked at him and said "you need to be able to see it from across the table, which you can't with the smaller one. The smaller one is better for a more casual look, but this will look good day and night with the right shirt. Plus, you can't see any of the details on the smaller one and she is telling me she has three small necklaces, so she needs something different. Not only that, she is tall, she can pull this off." There are somethings about Tiffany's that annoy me, but one thing I do like is that many of the sales people (mostly the women) are very honest about what you can and can't wear. I don't see that as much when I shop at other places.

I eneded up paying the extra $50, and I am glad I did, I just put it on and it looks great. Thanks everyone for you help. This is really want I wanted from the start, but all you opinions helped me not change my mind at the last minute (which I have a bad habit of doing). My BF saw it on me this morning with a tank top (yesterday I was wearing a tee shirt) and he said he likes and, and now that he sees it with a lower cut shirt, he thinks the big one is better.
9.gif

So here are a couple pics....taking pics of this baby is hard because the silver is so shiny, you can see my camera and face in it. This is the best I could do....

Here is a shot of just the necklace.

IMG_0493_1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is my best attempt at a neck shot without showing my camera and face, You can still see the camera in this :(.

neclace crop_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results