shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick some PP metallic freshies!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
OK, I will try not to be convoluted here. I want to order a 33 inch (I just like that length) metallic freshie necklace from PP - 7.5/8mm. I also want to order 2-3 pairs of earrings (is it possible to have single pearls made into earrings that can be worn as studs AND dangles/jackets?) and POSSIBLY a bracelet.

I spoke to them on the phone on Monday and received pics today. For the necklace I want pearls as pink/lavender as possible (I want cool tones, not warm, if that helps...) and for the earrings I wanted one strong peach/orange, one strong lavender and maybe one silver-pink.

For reference, here is a photo from their website:
703x324b.gif

Here are photos of what I was sent today for the necklace (first photo, both strands would be joined) and for the bracelet (second photo):
10-26-10%20FWN.jpg 10-26-10e.jpg

To be honest, neither the strands for the necklace or the bracelets are as pink/lavender as I was expecting. Are my expectations too unrealistic (this will be my first freshie purchase) re: colouring? I found this photo on a thread here and in the top photo, the second (whole) pearl from the left is what I wanted - a true cool pink/lavender.
smallexoticcomp1.jpg

Is it impossible to hope for a necklace composed of pearls of this or very close to this tone? Are the photos (from PP to me) underplaying the colour a little? To be honest they look more gold/yellow/warm than I wanted. I cannot wear warm tones.

Lastly, the earrings. I am considering buying all 8 of these pearls - I might leave out one of the last pairs.
10-26-10%20FWL.jpg

So... am I being unrealistic to hope for a necklace and/or bracelet in the deep lavender? In the photos sent to me by PP, am I wrong to think those are warm (ish) in tone? The photo I posted from their website makes the silver-pink look distinctly cool-toned, and that's what I want. Are they the same pearls, taken in different lights, or should I specifically ask for cooler/pinker/lavenderer (ha!) tones?

Also, re: earrings, can I have studs/dangle jackets combined?

Thank you and hope this wasn't too detailed. I can get really finicky and annoying about pearls, and I appreciate the PP person on the phone being so tolerant!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. . . I didn't really see a purple/fuchsia in the pics from PP.

If I were you, I would l contact this lady: http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com,, she has strongly colored (but still natural color) pearls. She can put together a strand for you and email you pics. If you like it, she can knot it into a necklace. You are asking for a speciality color and a difficult strand, especially if you want them all to be the exact same color.

I would go with PP for the studs, though. Those are pretty nice, all of them. :appl:

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
That don't seem considerate or helpful. I'm sorry and I can maybe try to help and answer your question.

I am thinking you are right. The pearl seem to be more warm than the cool like you want. When I visit them and I have the metallic strands too I can see most of the pearl are more warm especially like the ones that have the really metallic look but some are the more cool. Maybe the most cool are already sold or maybe you can ask for the most cool.

I think also the best for you is to ask PP to send the pearl to you without charge or make the necklace. Then you can see the pearl and you're gonna know if it's the perfect for you.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I don't know this for sure, but I suspect you can get pearls that are more lavender in tone, but maybe not in the metallics. Which is more important to you?

Catherine Cardellini does have gorgeous pearls, but I don't know if she would have anything quite so refined looking as the metallic strands in your photos. But I would ask her, and ask her quick as she has a 20% off sale running until the end of October.

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
So, PP and I have worked out that yes, the larger metallic freshies are definitely too warm in tone for me to be made into a 30+ inch necklace. They *did* have cooler tones but yes, they have sold out. I've asked if they expect any fresh shipments in so we'll see. In the meantime I have purchased a number of loose pairs. In this photo I chose pairs 1, 2 and 4 (4 being the closest to the deep lavender posted in a photo above - all are 8.5-9mm):

10-28-10b.jpg

I also purchased the top two and very bottom pairs in this photo (all are 10-11mm)

10-26-10%20FWL.jpg

In the last photo, of the ones I am getting, 2 are distinctly warm-toned, and I plan to wear these when I am tan/in the summer. I just love the colour too much to pass them up.

Now too mentally designing...

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like 2 & 4 in the first photo and the last pair in the 2nd photo too. They are too yummy to pass up.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom said:
I like 2 & 4 in the first photo and the last pair in the 2nd photo too. They are too yummy to pass up.

I too agree! Beautiful!! :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
WHB, it may be late in your decision process here, but like you I can't wear warm toned pearls well either. I purchased a strand of the silver pink metallic FW pearls, and they're too warm IMO. They go very flesh toned on me when I wear them. Just in case you were still contemplating them... I'll probably restring them in some way to try to find some way to wear them.

Anyway, have you got the pearls you ordered? Do you like them?

It would be awesome if PP got any darker cool lavender FW strands of any sort. I think they're 1. popular and 2. not easy to find, unfortunately.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results