shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a stone for my e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
This is my first post, so I hope I do everything right
2.gif

My boyfriend and I are shopping for an engagement ring! We've decided on colored stones for a lot of different reasons. I'm favoring two websites, thenaturalsapphirecompany.com, and wildfishgems.com because of the fact they don't treat their stones.

I've rounded up my favorites, and the setting I like the best, overall. I favor yellow gold because it looks better on me, but for the right stone I'd do white gold or palladium.

Thanks so much for your help--I love lurking around this board, and I love seeing all your pretty bling!!

I couldn't figure out how to post these all in one post, so they are in seperate posts. Thank you so much!!!!

Ceylon Kornerupine, 4.77 carats, good cut (flawless, but shallow), bright ivy green

ivykornerupine.jpg

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
African sapphire, 1.08 carats, very good cut, fresh ivy green

ivyafsapphire.jpg

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
African sapphire, 1.19 carats, excellent cut, lively bluish green

bluegreenafsapphire.jpg

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Ceylon sapphire, violetish, 1.46 carats (best in white gold, i think):

violetsapphire.jpg

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Ceylon sapphire, "lime" green, 2.36 carats:

greensapphire.jpg

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
This is the mounting I like, without the diamonds under the stone, though

mounting.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, and congratulations! The stones are pretty different, but I like #3. It''s just a personal preference, though.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I love the lime green one. That setting is gorgeous, and I think the stone would look beautiful in yellow gold.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
If you are going with the yellow gold then I would choose the lime green sapphire. I think green and yellow work well together.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
If you are a yellow gold person... then I would go with the lime green. The lime shade would look great with yellow gold.

My personal preference is for the violet sapphire. In a white metal. My eye is just more into the blue tones.

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
I''d be fine with white gold for the right stone, I just posted the setting in yellow gold to get an idea.

The more I think about it, I think I''m leaning towards the violet stone (stone 4) and the blue green stone (stone 3). I like the green ones, but I think these are more neutral, and very pretty.

I think both of those would look best in white gold. BUt, I''m having trouble picking between them. They''re both roughly the same dimensions, I''m not sure which would look best in a ring, especially a ring to wear every day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the violet stone. After seeing that pic, I want one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 4:11:34 PM
Author: EBree
I LOVE the violet stone. After seeing that pic, I want one!
Me too, so pretty!!!

Evelina

Rough_Rock
Another vote for a lime green sapphire.
It will look great in a yellow gold setting.
Good luck!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 11:32:06 AM
Author: Harriet
Hi, and congratulations! The stones are pretty different, but I like #3. It''s just a personal preference, though.
Oops, I meant to vote for #4.

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Lol, the general consensus is so funny, because the best part is that the violet stone is by far the least expensive, too--by a LONG shot!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 8:38:50 PM
Author: lotuslight
Lol, the general consensus is so funny, because the best part is that the violet stone is by far the least expensive, too--by a LONG shot!

Ooh- All the more reason to purchase! You better get to it before I do.
11.gif

(Just kidding!
12.gif
)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think that violet or blue seem to be better for an engagement ring stone.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The violet sapphire gets my vote!

AmandaFace

Rough_Rock
pretty. i have a sapphire for my ering as well.

i vote lime!

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great feedback, keep it up!

Now I Hope none of you steal my lovely violet stone from me if that is indeed my final decision....I thought it was gone the other day when I went to go look for it, and I got so sad!!! Then I found it:)

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
You''d better go buy that violet one before someone else snaps it up!!!
That would be my pick too. Love the shape and the color of that one. Just stunning.

Aussiegem

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the violet ceylon sapphire-those stones are beautiful. I''m a yellow gold person but I agree that a white metal would set off the stone better.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for violet, it''s one of my absolute favorite colors.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 10:33:21 AM
Author: Ellen
Another vote for violet, it''s one of my absolute favorite colors.
me too!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 or #3, but again it''s personal preference. And, the quality of the photos could be swaying me.

PaperStars

Rough_Rock
I like the ceylon sapphire #4.

I love the natural sapphire company. I check their website so often. I am going to go there one of these days when I go into the city. They have beautiful stones!

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Alright, no more decisions neccesary--he bought #4, The violet stone!!!! Yay!!! Thank you for all your help, I love it so much. It was the only one I realized I'd get really sad about if someone bought it!

So, what do you think of the mounting I have picked? I'd get it without the diamonds underneath, we're looking at getting them replaced with colorless, violet, or blue sapphires. I'll post a couple pics of the mounting in white gold, since that is what I'd go with!

Do you think a bezel would be nice with this stone, or have other ideas? I don't want any diamonds on the mounting. And, a lot of solitaire settings can look awfully plain. I want simple and elegant, but not "plain."

Attachments

• JS203D_2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 260

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
Here it is from the side...

JS203D_4.JPG

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
And from the top again! The NSC said they could alter this to fit the cushion cut of the stone!

mountfront.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results