shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a setting for my OEC

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I got a .74 K OEC, and I'm considering two settings from the same vendor. I would probably rather choose between these two than go back to the drawing board, but I welcome constructive input!

The settings pictured are samples and aren't made to fit my stone. Since I have an OEC with a thin girdle, I plan to customize either setting with a bezel fitting my stone.

I'm unsure which one I prefer and want to hear opinions and different perspectives. One thing I don't know about is how the bezel will translate on the octagonal ring.

img_15506.jpg

img_15507.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this going to be an engagement ring or a right-hand, stand-alone ring? If it's to be an engagement ring, do you care about how a wedding ring will look next to it?

With that out of the way, I prefer Ring A. It just seems like a more cohesive style somehow. I think all the bezels in Ring B are a bit overwhelming.

But if you're looking for a ring to wear with a wedder, or to stack with other rings, B might be the better choice.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1489012838|4138163 said:
Between those 2 A would be my choice.

I've always thought this one was pretty but you're probably looking for a halo?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAMOND-VINTAGE-RING-SETTING-TWO-TONE-WHITE-ROSE-GOLD-ROUND-SEMI-MOUNT-6-5mm-1CT-/152458420780?hash=item237f3ae22c

Oh, that's very pretty and from the same vendor! I've never noticed that one, and I don't know how. I thought I had looked through their inventory several times over. I don't have to have a halo, but I do have to have a bezel. I actually considered a plain Stuller bezel before I ordered these.

VRBeauty, I will wear it alone on either hand. Thank you for your input!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would choose A between the first two rings you posted!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for A

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"A" all day long! :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i pick A.

Ilya is making my original engagement diamond into a pendant and he has been wonderful to work with, along with Leanne.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
whitewave|1489028020|4138263 said:
i pick A.

Ilya is making my original engagement diamond into a pendant and he has been wonderful to work with, along with Leanne.

Thank you, MrsGotRocks, Bonfire, lookingagain, and whitewave! Whitewave, I like them. My original e-ring is made by them. My diamond obsession began in the search for that ring. I've visited them in Chicago a couple of times and have always planned to work with them again at some point. When I last visited them, he showed me an antique brooch with 20 cttw of antique diamonds. It was amazing.

Does anyone think it'll be a problem to bezel the diamond inside of ring A considering it's octogonal and my diamond is round?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
daintyG|1489028422|4138265 said:
whitewave|1489028020|4138263 said:
i pick A.

Thank you, MrsGotRocks, Bonfire, lookingagain, and whitewave! Whitewave, I like them. My original e-ring is made by them. My diamond obsession began in the search for that ring. I've visited them in Chicago a couple of times and have always planned to work with them again at some point. When I last visited them, he showed me an antique brooch with 20 cttw of antique diamonds. It was amazing.

Does anyone think it'll be a problem to bezel the diamond inside of ring A considering it's octogonal and my diamond is round?

Not a problem, you can do an octagonal inside bezel on a round. This is my .93 OEC with an inner bezel:

img_15522.jpg

img_2842__1_1.jpg

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ac117 and soxfan!Soxfan, I so admire your OEC and antique pear! They're so so gorgeous. There is one thing different, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but my ring won't have any prongs. Would that mean the bezel would have to be closer to the diamond?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
daintyG|1489100803|4138606 said:
Thank you, ac117 and soxfan!Soxfan, I so admire your OEC and antique pear! They're so so gorgeous. There is one thing different, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but my ring won't have any prongs. Would that mean the bezel would have to be closer to the diamond?

yes, you'd have to bezel it around the stone to hold it in. That would be a custom job, I think:(

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1489105739|4138656 said:
daintyG|1489100803|4138606 said:

yes, you'd have to bezel it around the stone to hold it in. That would be a custom job, I think:(

Yes, that's the plan. I was looking at these rings as samples before I selected one to customize. So before I ask Ilya to custom make the octagonal setting, I'm wondering if the bezel will turn out right since it'll be up against the diamond, yet the other side is octogon shaped.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is probably 10 times the cost of her other options.
That well may be (I have no idea about the cost of the setting), but I thought it was worth mentioning for stylistic reasons. Plus, I am not sure if a specific budget was mentioned (or if it was, I missed it!) so just wanted to throw this one into the mix!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results