shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a sapphire band

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the market for a sapphire band to stack with but I can't decide which one to choose.

First pic is my OEC I'll be stacking with then:
Pink sapphire half eternity
Orange sapphire eternity
A lighter pink sapphire eternity
Blue sapphire full eternity with square cut
Lavender sapphire eternity

IMG_3152.JPG IMG_4197.jpg IMG_4201.jpg IMG_4204.jpg IMG_4205.jpg IMG_4206.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh well I like that one too @strawrose, especially because it would look really pretty with my existing engraved band!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just be forewarned that the sapphires might be chemically enhanced in color, especially the orangy ones. If you don’t care, that’s perfectly fine, as long as the price reflects that. I could see a jeweler charging an arm and a leg for the orangy ones, stating they’re padparadchas. If the price is reasonable, and chemical enhancement doesn’t bother you, then that’s fine. The treatment is stable.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TL thank you for the heads up on treatment. I'm 99% I'm going with the blue sapphire band, the seller is asking $409 for a 3/4 eternity in 18K gold, they are in Thailand.

To me that's not an unreasonable price since I have seen vintage bands similar with synthetic sapphire for around that price. If I am okay with treatment do you agree that's reasonable?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the blue sapphire one because it looks like the Antique ones therefore it matches your set, the more modern looking ones do not IMHO match your set.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TL thank you for the heads up on treatment. I'm 99% I'm going with the blue sapphire band, the seller is asking $409 for a 3/4 eternity in 18K gold, they are in Thailand.

To me that's not an unreasonable price since I have seen vintage bands similar with synthetic sapphire for around that price. If I am okay with treatment do you agree that's reasonable?

I agree that’s reasonable.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I think the blue looks a little more classic and matches the aesthetic you’re going for. They are all lovely though!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much everyone, I'm going to order the blue sapphire in unplated 18k white gold, will share when I get it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the thread but I love the first band and I always love a blue sapphire band. The blue makes everything pop. In fact I have a blue sapphire band and it is the band I wear most often with my OEC. Hope you love it @StephanieLynn. You made a great choice.:appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, do you have a picture of your blue sapphire band?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, do you have a picture of your blue sapphire band?

Here you go Stephanie. Just took this photo the other day.

bubbalahblueboxbygreg.jpg.png

Let me know if you need a different photo or if there is anything else I could do that would be helpful.
I got this band from AddysVintage on Etsy and she is also on IG. I actually saw the band first on IG. It was from her personal collection. She has some awesome pieces.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it's so pretty, very delicate and the perfect shade of blue. Also looks perfectly at home in that jewelry box Greg made you :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @StephanieLynn. I hope the sapphire band coming to you is just as you envision it will be. It's so much fun finding affordable stacking bands. :appl:

And perhaps next time you will add a pink sapphire band to your collection. I think pink and blue look awesome together.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them all :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, it really is fun looking at different bands, finding the perfect one, you know the thrill of the hunt!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An interesting tidbit I just figured out is because our state (CT) passed a law requiring remittance of sales tax for online marketplace orders, that means they also charge it for international orders:eek2:. I can understand within the states but international now too?!

That's almost $30 extra on this ring. I'm thinking about maybe putting a WTB in pre-loved since I will almost be at the $500 mark.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn I ordered a prong set pink sapphire band from Sarriel on Etsy. I got it a little wider than the one she listed. I should get it within the next two weeks. I think one of your pics with the pink sapphire band in the hand is hers..I also have a Beverly K channel set blue sapphire band...but bought it pre-loved..
Lol I just went back to look at how much I paid for it and it’s a Simon G..not a Beverly K..
39C13BF9-EAB2-4DCD-91B9-431184684F2A.png

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm excited to see your pink sapphire band @Mamabean. I love that stack above, so pretty :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh goody! You're getting the blue. That's the one I was going to suggest. I cant wait to see it when you get it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad that you are going with the blue. Hands down my favorite.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
@StephanieLynn do you mind sharing the name/website of the seller of the orange sapphire band? Thank you! :wavey:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the pad color one, too, but I think the blue is the best choice for your OEC--so classic and classy. Can't wait to see how it looks!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing a final browse through my favorite sites just to make sure I haven't missed anything. This one caught my eye not sure if I like this better than the square blue sapphire eternity.

What do you guys think?

IMG_4209.jpg

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s pretty but I’m kind of liking the one you originally posted. Missy and Mamabean kind of got me interested in that look with their pics. But either would be stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results