shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a new setting for my diamond ...

Which setting for ering?

• Baguettes with shared prong w-band

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Baguettes with channel-set w-band

• Current solitaire setting, new shared-prong band

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Since I got my 2 ct RB, I''ve been dying to put it in a new setting, but I am still wavering between 3 stone, baguettes, micropave, and shared prong settings. I ordered a bunch of CZ erings and bands to try with my diamond and wedding band and try out a bunch of different options. FYI, my diamond is a 2 ct RB, even though some of the fakey rings have bigger or smaller stones, but I used those rings for pics so you can see what an RB looks like in the settings. Also, my wedding band is .5 ct channel set asscher, but there is a possibility I would want to also get a 3 mm shared prong RB band to wear with my new setting, and just wear my wband stacked with other bands on my right hand. So with most of these, I have stacked a fakey wband so that you can see what the ering would look like with the eternity band that I would like to pair with it.

Anyway, here are the combos that I like. Let me know which settings you like the best:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Three stone

pho 057 3stone.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Baguette sidestones with shared prong wedding band

pho 063 bag shared.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Baguette sidestones with my current channel-set wedding band

pho 068 bag chan.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Shared-prong or mushroom-set micropave

pho 079 shared set.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Bead-set micropave (I would want the band thinner than this, but this was all they had)

pho 050 bead.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Just keep the stone in the solitaire setting it''s in now, but pair it with a sparkly shared-prong band

pho 069 current.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted to keep it in the setting you currently have, I love that setting
30.gif
!
It looks very nice with the shared prong band, but I think your wedding band is simply GORGEOUS!!!

But if you absolutely have to reset it (we all like a change now and then), I would chose the baguette sides with your asscher band.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamond*Dana and I may be sharing a brainspace, as I was composing my reply in my head as I scrolled through the choices, and it matches on all counts ... I''m partial to the baguette setting for obvious reasons, and I think it will echo your wedding band nicely, but I really love your current set. It''s classic and elegant and an unusual combo.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Voted Current solitaire setting, new shared-prong band

Honestly? I like your current setting w/ current band, but I did like the above combo.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for the 3-stone with the shared prong band...I love it.

I equally love the solitaire with the shared prong band though. all the combo''s are lovely, I can see why it''s hard to choose.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 1:02:02 PM
Author: Snooper

Honestly? I like your current setting w/ current band, but I did like the above combo.
Ditto.
5.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Voted keep current setting and add a beautiful shared prong eternity band. Best combo there is IMO.
9.gif

Good luck!

Cachette
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I actually love your current set :)

I have a 2ct RB 3 stone, with .25ct sides that I wear with my 5 stone shared prong band and I love it-hubby thinks its a bit much. So I guess that would be my 2nd vote!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 1:11:15 PM
Author: Cachette
Voted keep current setting and add a beautiful shared prong eternity band. Best combo there is IMO.
9.gif

Good luck!

Cachette
1.gif
Ditto.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love your current set as well. It''s unique and classy. However, if you think you want to change it, I''d go with the micropave. I''ll be interested to see how your poll turns out. So many great rings around here and a lot of different styles. Whatever you do with it, I don''t think you can go wrong with ANY of your choices!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your current solitaire with the shared prong band.
30.gif

I also liked the 3 stone with the shared prong band--supah bling! If you did the 3 stone, you could wear it alone or add the band for when you want more sparkle.

I do really love your original with the shared prong band, though--I see how it's so tough!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i voted current setting, shared prong band. love this combo! it looks amazing on your hand, and allows for incredible versatility long-term. much easier to add bands to your collection in the future for new looks when you get the "itch" for something new.
31.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I love your current setting as well. I love the versatility of a setting like yours (similar to mine). You can add just about any band to change the look..but the solitaire will always be a timeless, classic look!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the three stone!! The rest are lovely too so I guess whichever one you go with will be beautiful.

gicki55

Rough_Rock
While I do think they are all beautiful... I agree with snooper:

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the 3 stone. That paired with the shared prong band is STUNNING!!!

My 2nd choice would be to keep your solitaire and get the new shared prong band.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for 3 stone with shared prong band; but also think that your current setting with a new shared prong band would look awesome too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too voted to keep the current setting and add the shared prong eternity band. I like the three stone - course I''m partial there - but the three stone and the band is alot going on. It''s a pretty look but it takes the center stone out of the primary focus. Guess it depends whether you want the large stone to be the stand out or if you just want alot of bling!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I think your set is so lovely as is! I couldn''t bring myself to drool over your proposed options as much as I do you current set, so I just didn''t vote. Don''t hate me!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I initially thought I''d vote for keeping your current setting and doing a shared prong eternity band, however..... when looking at the images you attached I fell in LOVE with the tapered bag setting and your existing wedding band! I love it because it''s GORGEOUS and UNIQUE! I think the step cut in the tapered bags brings out the step cuts in your wedding band. PLUS you keep the sentimental value of the wedding band. The other major point I love about this combo is that the sparkle of the RB is really highlighted. It doesn''t get lost in the sparkle of a wedding band. It''s clean and neat around the edges but sure POPS in the middle!

Loooove it that way! They are all gorgeous though so good luck and keep us posted!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t vote because I really like your current setting and wedding band. I love your set so much that I saved a copy of your avatar in my favorites folder. I really like how you paired your classic, yet modern solitaire with a sleek and elegant asscher eternity band. It''s so beautiful, classic and unique! However, I do also like it with the tapered baguettes (but with the asscher eternity).

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I vote for solitaire with new shared-prong band. I love your current solitaire and wouldn''t change that, but if you feel like a change a new sparkly band would be a great solution.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I also voted current setting with blingy band - thought it looked fab, and being honest I prefer your current one to the other options.
If not, the 3 stone (this is just reflecting my own tastes, as I have a solitaire and a 3stone, lol )..

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi VG,

I voted for your current setting with the shared prong eternity band. I know you''re looking for a little more of bling-y look, so I think the new band will give you what you want with out going overboard. With the solitaire, you will have so many more options with bands, and its such a classic look. My second choice would be the 3-stone though.... that is lovely too! Good luck with your decision!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results