shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you can go wrong here--you would look good in any of the choices. However, I think number 1 is the most flattering. It really emphasizes your hourglass figure and gives a much more sophisticated silhouette. I also don''t think conservative relatives would freak out any more about dress 1 than dress 3. Many people consider strapless to be very risque.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking that the cleavage on dress #1 wasn't so bad until I got to picture #5. Pic 5 is definitely showing more than I'd be comfortable with at my wedding. However, I know some designers let you do some customizing of the gown when you order it. If you really like this gown except for the clevage issue, you could ask the salon if Pronovias will let you order the gown with a slightly higher v-neck or something.

Gown number 3 does look nice on you, but if this was your first day gown shopping, definitely go to some more salons and try on some others. I found Marisa dresses to be of good quality and around the same price point as Pronovias and Paloma Blanca. Have fun trying on more dresses!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I think you look stunning in all three, but I vote for the Pronovias. Albeit, I''m a bit biased because I bought a Pronovias for my wedding, but you rock that gown.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
Thanks for everyone''s comments thus far! I think I am leaning towards #3 just because the quality of the dress was much better. It it made of 100% silk and very lightweight. Dress #1 wasn''t as good quality but was cheaper. I am going to attach more pics of dress#3.

I guess I will keep looking but dress #1 and #3 are def. my fav.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
ok here is the #2 one no one really likes- I think someone asked for a far away shot.

lailamike9999999999999.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
some more of #3 that i personally like best and was very light and airy.

lailamike6666666666666666666666.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
here is a collage of our wedding... nothing is finalized but my colors will def. be either pale yellow or ivory. Maybe this will help give u guys an idea of which dress suits the formality/non-formality of the event and colors.

collageeeeeeee.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if I had your body, I''d definitely go with #1. it looks like it was sculpted to your every curve. but you have to be confident wearing it or you WILL call attention to yourself. if you wear it like it''s natural to you, I don''t think anyone is going to fixate on the cleavage.

#2 is really bleh. it looks like the dress material got pushed away and your bra is popping out (that the top part looks like a bra popping out, not that your real bra was).

#3 is pretty, no where as nice to me as #1, but if you would feel more comfortable in it then I would choose it.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
i think number 3 is gorgeous and matches the feel of your event.

I like number 2 more than I thought I did, but I still think number 3 is better. The pickups are less dominating and it flows better from top to bottom.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hehehe thanks ladies!

I just sent an email with pictures to my parents. If they vote #1 I may consider it - but knowing them they will say whooohaaa too much cleavage.... I know my bf would love #1 and it is more flattering on my curves but #3 like I said is more comfortable, better quality and lightweight... both are still in the running though!

I think I will go try some Jim Hjelm dresses I really wanted to look at then make a decision.

Does anyone know any other designers with super lightweight dresses?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You look great in all three, but number one does the most for your figure!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, I love all three!!!

But you said you love #3 the best, so that's my vote
1.gif
always go for the one you love the most!!

PrincessD

Shiny_Rock
I Love, Love, Love dress #3.....for sure....100% I''d be really concious on my wedding day if I was wearing #1, I would be worried about them not staying in the dress, but that''s just me! Good luck and you know which is best for you!!!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE number one! I think that was my dream dress - I wound up with something different, but it''s still gorgeous. . .

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
One all the way.

To be blunt, your cleavage is large for your body (lovely, but large) and anything strapless with an empire waist is going to make them look a LOT bigger and you a lot shorter, as is the case with 2 and 3. If you do decide to keep looking, I urge to look at things where there is not a decoration difference right under the breasts and for something with straps which create a longer, more elegant line. You have the perfect figure and you owe it to yourself to do it justice.

As a former seamstress, I can tell you a simple, cheap way to solve the cleavage problem; have a lace panel sewn in for the bottom few inches of the "v". You get the amazing dress, the romance of lace and a little more modesty

I am suprised what you said about pronovias because they use really good silk, better than most companies, including casablanca.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 1 is gorgeous and so is number 3. They''re both fab looking on you.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
number 1 on you!!!! You look stunning! You''ve obviously got an amazing body and I think the first dress shows that off in a sexy, but tasteful way. The other two are okay, but just not the same imho. Yah number 1
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Definitely #3!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Looks like #1 is everyone''s fav!!! hehehe. I do love it too. Here is yet another Paloma dress I tried on.

lailamikerandom2.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 6:56:26 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
One all the way.

To be blunt, your cleavage is large for your body (lovely, but large) and anything strapless with an empire waist is going to make them look a LOT bigger and you a lot shorter, as is the case with 2 and 3. If you do decide to keep looking, I urge to look at things where there is not a decoration difference right under the breasts and for something with straps which create a longer, more elegant line. You have the perfect figure and you owe it to yourself to do it justice.

As a former seamstress, I can tell you a simple, cheap way to solve the cleavage problem; have a lace panel sewn in for the bottom few inches of the ''v''. You get the amazing dress, the romance of lace and a little more modesty

I am suprised what you said about pronovias because they use really good silk, better than most companies, including casablanca.
Hi Brazen - you are totally right. My bust is a bit problematic.... Thanks for the tips though I will try and stick with simplicity at least for my top half.

As for adding the extra piece - the sales lady (who totally sucked btw) suggested that - and stuffed a kleenex into my cleavage to show me what it would like like. Please see the attached pic. Although it does make the cleavage more conservative I find it completely takes away from the dress and the look. Wasn''t a fan.

lailamikerandom1.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I am really interested in these two Jim Hjlem dresses... Do you think they would suit my body structure? Or will the boobs once again ruin everything
7.gif

lailamikerandom4.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1!!! Oh my gosh, it looks MADE for your figure!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love the first one! So what if it''s a touch sexy? You''re a sexy, beautiful lady!

Besides, they will all be looking at your beaming face. If it''s you, GO FOR IT!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite of these is still #3. And I think it also goes well with your venue/vision.

But I think you should also definitely try out those Jim Hjelm dresses. There are a few other JH ones I''ve also seen that might work nicely for you, so be sure to try on several :)

I think someone else mentioned above, but Marisa would be another good designer to try. Very comfortable and lightweight dresses (also slightly lighter on the pocketbook). I was close to getting a Marisa dress at one point.

I also prefer the smooth skirts on you vs the pickups. I think the simpler silhouette really shows off your figure better whereas the pickups kind of muddle and hide it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First, I must say you are gorgeous!

My favorite is #3.

I think the Jim Hjelm dresses you like would be very flattering to your figure. The emphasis on the, uh, bottom would complement and balance your figure beautifully.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Number one - hands down! You look amazing - your waist looks so tiny!!

If you''re worried about cleavage - could you get a gorgeous lace insert or something?? Although, personally I don''t think it''s too revealing. You look really elegant!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results