shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ibafoo

Rough_Rock
And thanks in advance....

Both are Princess cuts:

EGL CERT # 2760220928

Carat Weight:1.50 Color: G Clarity:VS2
Depth%: 75.0 Table %:81.0 Symmetry:VG
Polish: VG Girdle: TN-P Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 6.56x6.16x4.66

Or

Carat Weight: 1.54 Color: G Clarity: VS2
Depth%: 72.8 Table %: 72.0 Symmetry: VG
Polish: VG Girdle: M Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 6.24x6.22x4.53

The price is essentially equal, I''m curious you see anything that would make you pick one over the other, and thanks in advance very much!

1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ibafoo - Welcome!
35.gif

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Princess cut diamonds, however, the G/VS2 combo will be quite nice - quite white and likely eye clean.

I'm sure another, more knowledgeable PS member will come along shortly and be able to advise and assist!

Good luck with your search.

Edit -- Just wanted to add, are you firm on your color/clarity specs? The reason I ask is I thought I would share something that I found of interest during my own search ...
Although EGL is a legitimate cert, their lab does not tend to be as stringent as other labs, such as GIA or AGS, therefore, if you are firm on wanting G/VS2, you may not actually be getting that ... Your selected stones, graded by a more stringent lab may "actually" be graded a couple grades lower, I/SI2, for example. Just thought I would mention it.

ibafoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments.

I understand that an EGL cert might very well be graded more leniently than a GIA cert.

I have read in other places that EGL USA is the best of the EGL labs. ????

Is this plausible?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I have heard that as well. My understanding is that EGL USA is preferred over EGL Israel, for example.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

You can''t really tell much about Princess cuts by the numbers, I would ask the vendor ( if these are online) if he has an ASET image for these stones, or at a pinch an Idealscope image. EGL USA is said to be the strongest EGL lab, if you like either of these diamonds, then you could make the sale final on an independant appraisal to make sure the diamonds check out. Have you seen these diamonds to have a preference?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The information you provided in insufficient because fancies like princess cuts need to be seen in order to evaluate them properly. You''ll need at least magnified protographs and ASET (for light performance) or even an Idealscope picture (for light leakage). If your vendor cannot provide any of those, I would suggest looking for AGS0 stone since those are already graded for sparkle. It will cost a bit more than EGL stone though, but you are also assured of the colour and clarity accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results