shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I have finally picked a bag but the problem is, there are two sizes. I am leaning towards the larger one but my husband likes the smaller one. This one is the smaller one. I have to find the big one but other than the size, I think it is identical. I am on the short side. Just under 5''3". I don''t think the big one is really huge. I have seen lots of bags that are way bigger. My husband hates the larger one. I will try to snap some pics of me with both on my arm if I can. What do you guys think? Do you like larger ones or what?

yhst-52138418228198_1916_1796675

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how big is the small one?? and the big one?

i was in LV today with a friend trying on bags for her and the big bags looked funny on her, dwarfed her since she is small. so i guess it depends on what kind of look you are going for.

sometimes also i see pictures and think that the bag is not that big or small and then in person it looks WAY different, so have you seen them both in person?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to see a pic of the larger one. I have a Marc Jacobs bag, but mine has double handles. I am small 5''4 and I love it. At first I thought it was too big but quickly got used to it. HTH...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have both. NM let me bring them both home to test them out.

Smaller one:
Marc Jacobs Multipocket Bag – Black
Top Quality Calfskin Leather
Suede Interior Lining
Main Compartment with Zip Top with Pull Tab
Front and Side Flap Pockets with Snap Closure
Marc Jacobs Dustbag Included
Authenticity Guaranteed
Approximate Size: 9”H x 9.5”W x 4.5”D – Strap: 9” Clearance
MADE IN ITALY

I don''t have the dimensions on the large one. I can''t find it online. I would say it about 12x12x7 but I would have to measure it. Like I said, it isn''t huge. But my DH thinks it is.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, is your DH the one wearing it?? Hehe, go for what YOU like!! And don't tell him I said so!!!
31.gif
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Ditto.

Have you tried it on UNSTUFFED. This is a very floppy bag. I love it. However, the larger one is too small for me....The small is quite small....

They are identical except for size.... Great bag. You will love it.

One word of advice, buy it in the store only.This is a HIGHLY copied bag!!!!

AND BTW, You just prompted me to lool at the MJ site...the 2007s are out. DAMN. That Deborah bag is hot!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely go with the bigger bag- but that is just me- I love big, slouchy bags that can hold all my crap-lol!!!
emwink.gif
I am about your same height too. Pick the bag you like and the one you will feel the most comfortable using everyday.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you posted the dimensions becuase I saw this thread before you the had numbers up and I was thinking they were both much bigger than they are. Given the dimensions I would say you are still safe with the bigger one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you like larger bags Allison get the larger one. 12x12 is not that large esp since all the trendy bags right now are huge and slouchy. i'm more a smaller bag girl, like 8x9 or similar as my max so far but a larger bag can look rockin' depending on the style.

oh and i agree with MMM re: getting it in the store. where did you get that info you posted re the bag? 'authenticity guaranteed' to me sounds like an ebay thing or something online. kinda odd?? i mean you would think if it's the NM website or something of course it's authenticity guaranteed!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2006 10:27:36 PM
Author: Mara
if you like larger bags Allison get the larger one. 12x12 is not that large esp since all the trendy bags right now are huge and slouchy. i''m more a smaller bag girl, like 8x9 or similar as my max so far but a larger bag can look rockin'' depending on the style.

oh and i agree with MMM re: getting it in the store. where did you get that info you posted re the bag? ''authenticity guaranteed'' to me sounds like an ebay thing or something online. kinda odd?? i mean you would think if it''s the NM website or something of course it''s authenticity guaranteed!
She said NM let her bring them both home to try out. Wish my NM was as nice!!!
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah i totally missed that...duh!! allison, post pictures on your body!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 1:12:13 AM
Author: Mara
oh yeah i totally missed that...duh!! allison, post pictures on your body!

I will. I need to get my husband to snap some photos maybe tonight. He was cranky last night and had to work so I didn''t want to ask him.

I saw that information on a website called something like queensmoda.com. They were selling them for about 60% off I think but I wouldn''t buy from them even though they guarantee authenticity (yeah, right). That guarantee makes me feel so much better. haha

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is one of the best selling MJ bags. They are NOT 60% off if they are real. They all guarantee b/c there is virtually no way for you to tell it''s fake. If you are spending that kind of $, go to an MJ store, eluxury, net-a-porter.com ... they also regularly stock this bag at Bloomies.

Best of luck! My good ol Susanah MJ in black is my FAV bag in the whole world. It''s heavy but I love it!!! You''ll love this too...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 9:45:46 AM
Author: moremoremore
This is one of the best selling MJ bags. They are NOT 60% off if they are real. They all guarantee b/c there is virtually no way for you to tell it''s fake. If you are spending that kind of $, go to an MJ store, eluxury, net-a-porter.com ... they also regularly stock this bag at Bloomies.

Best of luck! My good ol Susanah MJ in black is my FAV bag in the whole world. It''s heavy but I love it!!! You''ll love this too...
Yeah, I kinda figured they weren''t real. I don''t know how they get away with such blantant copyright infringement. Luckily, (or maybe not so luckily) NM is really close to me so it is easy to go there to get it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AllisonFaye - which NM is close to you? We should meet there for lunch some time and go terrorize the jewelry counter!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
They copy these bags down to the smallest details that even employees can''t spot a fake. It''s crazy.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 11:22:02 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
AllisonFaye - which NM is close to you? We should meet there for lunch some time and go terrorize the jewelry counter!
9.gif
We are closest to the one in Northbrook Ct. (Although I am kind of trying to avoid that jewelry counter lately. The saleslady is ALL over me since I bought two things from her already).

I would love to meet if I can ever get a sitter lined up. I am trying to wean my one year old off nursing right now so I can be gone more than an hour at a time from her. Just figured out she has an allergy to cowsmilk.

I think you are closer to the Michigan Ave store anyway, right?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m not into designer bags, so forgive me if this sounds dumb...but if the copies are so exacting and the price is 60% off, what is the difference besides the mental knowledge of knowing the bag is "authentic.?" Is there a difference in quality that will show up down the road?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2006 12:57:01 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

9.gif

We are closest to the one in Northbrook Ct. (Although I am kind of trying to avoid that jewelry counter lately. The saleslady is ALL over me since I bought two things from her already).

I would love to meet if I can ever get a sitter lined up. I am trying to wean my one year old off nursing right now so I can be gone more than an hour at a time from her. Just figured out she has an allergy to cowsmilk.

I am downtown but it''s a lot easier for me to travel that for you, so I wouldn''t coming out to where you are if you ever had time on a weekend for a quick lunch and some bling! No big deal though; your family obviously needs you more than I do, LOL. There will be plenty of time for diamonds when your daughter is ready--maybe you should even bring her with and we''ll get her hooked at an early age.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Island- They are selling those fakes to people who think they are real and getting a great deal...places like i-offer have them for $150-250 per bag and you know they are fake-they admit it...(not necessarily that bag)....

For me, part of it is knowing that it's real...It's like why not buy an Asha simulant?- Because it doesn't feel real and special like a real diamond to me...They are probably good quality though...some are nearly exact...

But that aside, e/t I have been tempted.....I keep reminding myself that fake bags are allegedly linked to funding terrorism and the illegal animal fur trade. They are illegal. And I want no part of it..

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 2:05:46 PM

Date: 10/23/2006 12:57:01 PM

9.gif

I am downtown but it''s a lot easier for me to travel that for you, so I wouldn''t coming out to where you are if you ever had time on a weekend for a quick lunch and some bling! No big deal though; your family obviously needs you more than I do, LOL. There will be plenty of time for diamonds when your daughter is ready--maybe you should even bring her with and we''ll get her hooked at an early age.
2.gif
A weekend would be much better because I could use hubby as a sitter.
Dare I say my two year old has already been in quite a few jewelry stores and seems to like the jewels?
11.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 2:11:04 PM
Author: moremoremore
Island- They are selling those fakes to people who think they are real and getting a great deal...places like i-offer have them for $150-250 per bag and you know they are fake-they admit it...(not necessarily that bag)....

For me, part of it is knowing that it''s real...It''s like why not buy an Asha simulant?- Because it doesn''t feel real and special like a real diamond to me...They are probably good quality though...some are nearly exact...

But that aside, e/t I have been tempted.....I keep reminding myself that fake bags are allegedly linked to funding terrorism and the illegal animal fur trade. They are illegal. And I want no part of it..

I agree with you MMM. I also hate supporting these people who rip off other people''s designs.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
So today I am kind of leaning towards the smaller bag. My back has been hurting lately from picking up my kids and not working out due to being sick and I think the bigger bag might be too heavy.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2006 8:24:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Well, is your DH the one wearing it?? Hehe, go for what YOU like!! And don''t tell him I said so!!!
31.gif
3.gif
I KNOW! He gets sooo bent out of shape if I don''t pick what he likes. Geez. He says I always ask him his opinion, then do the opposite, which is NOT true. He can never give specific examples when he makes these kinds of arguments.

I did remind remind him of the pregnant lesbian outfit. I bought an outfit last summer. I loved it because it was way soft and comfy but when he said I looked like a pregnant lesbian (not that i have anything agains pregnant lesbians
emsmile.gif
, I had to admit he was right. So I took it back.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the smaller one. I have a Marc Jacobs bag and I have found it to be very heavy to carry. Of course I am short so I look better with slightly smaller bags.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Allison at the pregnant lesbian thing, that is so something greg would say to me too. like why did you buy THAT and how much did you spend? it reminds me too of wallermama''s hubby saying that bag she bought looked like haggis. where do these men come up with these things?! haha.

i have been tempted re: fake bags too, i bought a $10 kate spade on the streets of NYC when we visited a few years ago but that was more because i just liked the style and i thought well hello i''m in NYC doing the quintessential ''buy a fake purse'' thing on the street, so when in rome! but i only wore it once. now i have a super cute black satin coach bag that is the same style that i wear instead..and it''s real!

anyway, in terms of auth...i think i just like knowing that i own the real thing made by the original designer. mmm hit the nail on the head with the asha vs the real diamond thing. i just like owning real. i would take 1 real bag over 5 ''looks exactly like the real thing'' fakes in different colors.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I took the big one back. I just think it will be too heavy. I am sure the second I complain, DH will be like " I TOLD YOU SO''. But I am happy with the smaller one.

I was leaving Max Mara today and I saw the cutest animal print bag ever on earth. $1100. They said they had special ordered it for a client and could order me one. I had to decline. It was tad dressier than I would need anyway. I am soo glad I didn''t get the Kate Spade animal print one that I was considering. The MM one was so much nicer quality. I hate that Max Mara has no website to show you stuff. Maybe I just need to carry my digital camera with me everywhere.

Maybe if animal prints are still around next year, I can get a cute one. I think I am on a purse moratorium for a while. I didn''t tell you guys about the other one I bought....yet.

But on the plus side, my MJ bag was FREE!! Yep. FREE. Well, not exacly. But kind of. I had a gift card from Neiman Marcus because I bought my ruby ring on double points days. I have been sitting on the points for a while.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that''s pretty cool!! I''m sure you will enjoy it for many years to come!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2006 3:01:39 PM

But on the plus side, my MJ bag was FREE!! Yep. FREE. Well, not exacly. But kind of. I had a gift card from Neiman Marcus because I bought my ruby ring on double points days. I have been sitting on the points for a while.

Ruby ring??? What ruby ring?!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby22.jpg

Deejay: This absolute stunner. Dreamy.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results