shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me out on my first diamond please

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Obeimi!
Numbers on the report and video look good.
I can see some CVD growth layering/graining which may or may not be an issue...impossible to determine until the diamond is assessed in a variety of lighting conditions.
Do you mind sharing the approximate price? That can also impact overall opinion based on your location and comparing to other diamonds of similar 4Cs price per carat.

Obeimi

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Obeimi!
Numbers on the report and video look good.
I can see some CVD growth layering/graining which may or may not be an issue...impossible to determine until the diamond is assessed in a variety of lighting conditions.
Do you mind sharing the approximate price? That can also impact overall opinion based on your location and comparing to other diamonds of similar 4Cs price per carat.

I'm from Europe, the diamond has been bought in USA and it has been paid 2100$, plus I have to pay import tax and duties on it but the price for an American consumer was the one stated above.

Too cheap?

Thank you very much for your response.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm from Europe, the diamond has been bought in USA and it has been paid 2100$, plus I have to pay import tax and duties on it but the price for an American consumer was the one stated above.

Too cheap?

Thank you very much for your response.

Price is decent... there is definitely more expensive out there, so you did good on pricing. You may be able to get into clean D-F VS1+ 1.8-2.2 carat territory for the same money, if you want to see some options and are interested in increasing carat weight and diameter. Otherwise, I think you're good to go.

Obeimi

Rough_Rock
Price is decent... there is definitely more expensive out there, so you did good on pricing. You may be able to get into clean D-F VS1+ 1.8-2.2 carat territory for the same money, if you want to see some options and are interested in increasing carat weight and diameter. Otherwise, I think you're good to go.

I'm happy with the carat and size of the diamond, I just hope it will be firey and brilliant and not cloudy/ underwhelming. I tried to read a lot around crown and pavillion angle/depth, proportions and of course the basic around the 4cs etc. I'm no expert in anyway so to me the videos all look the same or sometime one looks better just because maybe the light of the quality (of the feed) is better. I can tell from a very bad diamond to a decent one but I can't really understand most of the comments ppl make on X and Y.

In short I hope it will be an ok diamond lab, probably will not be the best out there but decent to be sparkly enough and don't be a delusion :)

My wife has a small hand/finger and 2ct is already quite big for her finger and compared on what ppl wear around here. Bigger would really feel too much and draw too much attention.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm happy with the carat and size of the diamond, I just hope it will be firey and brilliant and not cloudy/ underwhelming. I tried to read a lot around crown and pavillion angle/depth, proportions and of course the basic around the 4cs etc. I'm no expert in anyway so to me the videos all look the same or sometime one looks better just because maybe the light of the quality (of the feed) is better. I can tell from a very bad diamond to a decent one but I can't really understand most of the comments ppl make on X and Y.

In short I hope it will be an ok diamond lab, probably will not be the best out there but decent to be sparkly enough and don't be a delusion :)

My wife has a small hand/finger and 2ct is already quite big for her finger and compared on what ppl wear around here. Bigger would really feel too much and draw too much attention.

Understandable! Sometimes a little bigger diameter diamond is too big for comfort.
Ya did good on this one, I feel.

Obeimi

Rough_Rock
Understandable! Sometimes a little bigger diameter diamond is too big for comfort.
Ya did good on this one, I feel.

I'll post pictures/video as soon as I get it. Thanks DejaWiz, you have been very helpful.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'll post pictures/video as soon as I get it. Thanks DejaWiz, you have been very helpful.

You're very welcome and I hope you get a stunning winner arriving to you soon!

Obeimi

Rough_Rock
You're very welcome and I hope you get a stunning winner arriving to you soon!
Is it possible to have your email or to pm you here deja (I'm not able to see the pm button)? I would like to ask you a question not related to this topic.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible to have your email or to pm you here deja (I'm not able to see the pm button)? I would like to ask you a question not related to this topic.

PM is disabled at this site since it is consumer-oriented. I am on Reddit...easy to find me there and feel free to start a chat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results