shape
carat
color
clarity

help me out gals...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

Ok I need some input....

My FF and I were working on the setting design. Because I have a cushion, and its on the larger side, and I want it set high up (not flush with the rest of the ring), I''m told I need to have a substantial setting. Either a basket or a "doughnut" underneath (like on the tiffany novo). I put together a Harry Winston setting, just without the halo. I have pave diamonds in the band, on the "doughnut" and on the prongs. Its sooo pretty. However, now I am finding out that with this type of setting, the wedding band would no fit flush with the e-ring. It would either be spaced, or I would need to get one that like indents, and locks to the e-ring. Im not nuts about that because then I wouldnt be able to wear my wedding band solo down the road if I wanted to.

What are your thoughts? Anyone else have a similar situation? What have you decided to do?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I can''t really help you b/c I know nothing about settings...at all. Hangout or Rocky Talky might be a good place to post this.

BUT, can I just say, I CANNOT wait to see that bad boy
10.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''ve thought about this before too, and I decided I would just wear my ering on my right hand if the set didn''t sit flush. I actually see a lot of people do this, but I understand how a lot of people wouldn''t want to do that. Could you try the band and ring on together to see if you don''t mind the gap? It may not look bad together

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Embrace the gap. It is the HW way. It says "my ring is so blingalicious, that my w-band can't possibly sit flush with my e-ring."

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:59:57 PM
Author: JulieN
Embrace the gap. It is the HW way. It says ''my ring is so blingalicious, that my w-band can''t possibly sit flush with my e-ring.''
Agreed. I also could be mistaken, but I thought that a pave band would eat into any other band that was pressed flush against it?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 4:03:43 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 2/13/2009 3:59:57 PM
Author: JulieN
Embrace the gap. It is the HW way. It says 'my ring is so blingalicious, that my w-band can't possibly sit flush with my e-ring.'
Agreed. I also could be mistaken, but I thought that a pave band would eat into any other band that was pressed flush against it?
]Julie-WOW very good point. Would you believe I didnt even think of that? LOL

Gwen- You know Ive actually have heard that too.....i will check with my designer and see what he thinks. good point thank you!

smiles

Shiny_Rock
If the curved band only has to be curved on the "front" side and has pave all around you could just spin it around and wear the curve part on the inside of your hand?!?!?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Quote Smiles: If the curved band only has to be curved on the "front" side and has pave all around you could just spin it around and wear the curve part on the inside of your hand?!?!?

Yeah my jeweler was saying something that would actually like indent, noticeably. Not just a slight curve like Ive see on some (I guess cause the diamond size). If I can get a curved on though, then I could rotate it when its solo and i would be less obvious

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Hi NakedFinger,

I was participating in a past discussion about curved wedding bands. Maybe you''ll find it useful
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-where-can-i-find-a-curved-diamond-wedding-band-platinum.104352/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results