shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me out Etsy fans!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there is some beautiful jewelry sound on Etsy. I have fallen in love with this Tiffany''s necklace and wanted to know if any of you have seen anything similar on Etsy. TIA!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like that kind of shape and smoothness is easiest to achieve with casting techniques, so I might try Patrick Irla.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 8:51:05 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I feel like that kind of shape and smoothness is easiest to achieve with casting techniques, so I might try Patrick Irla.

ditto Patrick, but just fwiw Julia mentioned to me she is also introducing the use of waxes, so this type of design will be very achievable.

Just fyi Tacori, most of the etsy folk I''ve spoken to (and def. Julia) value their creativity etc, and will not like to do a "Tiffany copy".
I suggest perhaps describing or drawing your inspiration to avoid any professional conflict
2.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/9/2009 7:48:59 PM
Author: packrat
So far this is all I''ve found. You could try convoing Julia Kay Taylor or Kyle Anne Metals to see if they could do something similar! =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]pendant
I am not impressed with the artist in the link you posted, packrat. Too many factual errors in that listing!

From the listing:
"What is the difference between Sterling Silver and Fine Silver?
Fine silver (.999) is a much higher quality than Sterling Silver (.925) as it does not have any nickel added.
Because it contains no nickel it does not tarnish like sterling silver and is much whiter and brighter than sterling. It has a wonderful sparkle and sets off crystal and other semi precious stones beautifully. "

1 - Fine silver is not really higher quality, but rather purer. It is much softer and shows wear much faster, although it is a beautiful colour.
2 - Sterling does not necessarily have nickel. Most silver alloy recipes, in fact, recommend just fine silver and copper and artist who alloy their own silver very, very rarely use nickel
3 - Nickel does not factor in tarnishing at all - copper does

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I love it too! I found that on Tiff''s site several days ago....Interesting because in fact I bought it 2 years ago not knowing it''s origin or designer from a site that sold it as an enzo circle on a cord. I bought two of them, one as a gift. It is sterling and one of my fav pieces. It makes me wonder when it actually became availabe?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I would want rose gold for sure. Do all those vendors work in RG? I just love the contrast of it on the silver/WG chain.

arjuna, thanks I will keep that in mind when working with them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Patrick Irla and Julia Taylor both work in RG.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 2:17:17 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I know Patrick Irla and Julia Taylor both work in RG.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results