shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Match Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zachreynolds

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone, I have been lurking on Pricescope for a while now, and I really appreciate all the great info I have found.

I wouldn't ask for help on this if I hadn't already looked on almost all the major jewelry websites (Blue Nile, Mondera, Ice.com, Diamond.com, Zales). I am looking for a princess-cut engagement ring for my girlfriend, and she fell in love with this ring from Kay:

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|990405805|15051|15051.15057

She doesn't really care about the diamonds on the actual band, but she really likes the look of the smaller diamonds surrounding the central one. I have found settings that have this, but they don't look as "seamless" as this one, and she likes the thin band (~2mm).

I know I can get a better quality diamond (I was thinking about .75 kt VS1 G) for a better price if I could only find a matching setting to put it in. My target price is between $3000 and $3500 if possible for the whole ring.

I would be forever appreciative if someone could help me find one. Thanks in advance.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi zach :)

sandiegolady is absolutely right - try whiteflash - you can either start on their website or give them a call. and do speak to them about what stones to put in your ring; the stones in the ring you posted are not, perhaps, quite what you''d be happy with...

''nough said.

good luck, and you''ve come to the right place to get some help.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think Tacori has something similar. Let me search.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Posted at Good Old Gold.

43C937F4B4B43FC47F831E22461F8ABEL.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of the Tacori, too.

What you''re looking for, zachreynolds, is a princess halo (this refers to the stones surrounding the center stone) with a plain shank (no diamonds in the band of the ring). That might help you look.

I agree that Whiteflash is a perfect option for this project.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:28:21 AM
Author:zachreynolds
I know I can get a better quality diamond (I was thinking about .75 kt VS1 G) for a better price if I could only find a matching setting to put it in. My target price is between $3000 and $3500 if possible for the whole ring.
Didn''t catch this before.

It depends on the metal you''re planning for, but I think your idea will be just a little bit tight budgetwise. You may want to consider dropping to an H-I VS2 or even eye-clean SI1. A .75ct G/VS1 princess is going to run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500-3000+, and the setting will likely run you at least $1000ish in white gold (your cheapest option). Once you factor in tax, you''re almost sure to go over budget.

With G/VS1 .75ct requirements, what will suffer to make your budget line is cut quality, most likely. And that''s the LAST thing you want to sacrifice -especially with princesses! If it were me (and it''s not, I know, but if it were) I would drop to H-I VS2-SI1 (eyeclean), and best cut possible.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Within your budget these would be my top choices :)

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Isabella-Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1346.htm# For the setting, WF also do similar prong set versions as well.

with either this or this

You also get a PS discount on ACA''s and if you wire funds and they also have a promo on settings I believe at the momment that should make that all under budget
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results