shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me make my honeymoon ring!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I just got married this past December and my dh and I popped into NYC for the day! We hoped to see some of PS vendors on here but realized we need to make an appointment. So we wandered around and found this gorgeous pink sapphire! This will be a rhr most likely not worn with bands. It's about a 1.5 ct pink sapphire cushion. I know its heated and it may not be the best quality but it was a fun time and we got the sapphire for a great price. So I would love a ring that's sparkly, romantic, flirty and feminine. I've contacted DK and he sent me some halos that I really like. I'm open to suggestions and ideas. Here's the sapphire. 20200104_095217.jpg 20200104_095249.jpg 20200104_095006.jpg

I'm leaning towards a halo of diamonds and or pink sapphires. So if anyone has any great ideas let me know! Otherwise I'll update this post as I get a drawing. Thanks for looking!

voce

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking the style I linked, inner halo white diamond, outer halo pink sapphire. And well, my personal choice for the stones in the band would asymmetric, such as left upper diamond, left lower pink sapphire, right upper pink sapphire, lower right diamond. I hope this makes sense!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking the style I linked, inner halo white diamond, outer halo pink sapphire. And well, my personal choice for the stones in the band would asymmetric, such as left upper diamond, left lower pink sapphire, right upper pink sapphire, lower right diamond. I hope this makes sense!

Ok I love the setting! But I'm not quite following the order. Sorry! Do you mind explaining. I understand the inner halo white diamonds and outer halo pink sapphires.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok I love the setting! But I'm not quite following the order. Sorry! Do you mind explaining. I understand the inner halo white diamonds and outer halo pink sapphires.

1579896711410.png
Hm, though after seeing it this way, maybe my idea of doing asymmetric colors in the bands may not be so good after all. You can do all diamonds or alternate the sapphires and diamonds used in the bands.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
1579896711410.png
Hm, though after seeing it this way, maybe my idea of doing asymmetric colors in the bands may not be so good after all. You can do all diamonds or alternate the sapphires and diamonds used in the bands.

You are so sweet @voce thank you for taking out of your day to draw this beautiful ring! Now I get it! That's a great idea:D I kind of like alternating diamonds and sapphires on the band.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What about a simple diamond halo? I love the way icy white diamonds pop against colorful gemstones. :love:

AB961C6F-FAD6-4DE9-A762-C746B7C4CF67.jpeg

That's absolutely beautiful! I love the icy white diamonds to make the pink really pop! I think I'm leaning more towards that look. I love it thank you! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 I love all your blingand that pink sapphire is a pinkalicious addition. And love your love story too ❤️❤️❤️
Your taste is exquisite and you are a beautiful person inside and out. Having met you irl I can say that. Hugs to you my dear friend and enjoy newlywed life.

I love the ring @dk168 shared. Swoon!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Another diamond halo for inspiration.

DK :))

This is it!!!! I love this ring. I love the diamond band. I think the rose gold prongs are kind of nice, might blend in nicely with the pink sapphire. I like the way the sapphire is set. And the halo is stunning. I think we are getting there!!! Thank @dk168 you're so sweet to find this for me. It's perfect! Nice and blingy and a showstopper! That's what we need for a sapphire from NYC!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I love all your blingand that pink sapphire is a pinkalicious addition. And love your love story too ❤️❤️❤️
Your taste is exquisite and you are a beautiful person inside and out. Having met you irl I can say that. Hugs to you my dear friend and enjoy newlywed life.

I love the ring @dk168 shared. Swoon!

You are so sweet Missy!!! You are just the best. And absolutely beautiful inside and out for sure! Thank you for all your support and excitement in newlywed life. You make me appreciate it even more. Hope we can meet again soon. Hugs to you sweet Missy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is it!!!! I love this ring. I love the diamond band. I think the rose gold prongs are kind of nice, might blend in nicely with the pink sapphire. I like the way the sapphire is set. And the halo is stunning. I think we are getting there!!! Thank @dk168 you're so sweet to find this for me. It's perfect! Nice and blingy and a showstopper! That's what we need for a sapphire from NYC!

Oh yes that's gorgeous @bling_dream - IIRC I think DK has made a similar ring. Even if he hasn't I'm sure he could do it. Looking forward to seeing it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh those are beautiful! Thank you @whitewave you're so sweet to help me. David is drawing up some designs now. He wants me to focus on one lol but I love them all and want a blend in a way.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
If you tell us the price of the pink, we can give you a hint if its flaws pay for the discount. Should you like to know. We might ruin your project, then better no asking.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the halos where the diamonds are slightly "under" the colored stone like the stone is lying on a bed of diamonds, and open to light play (versus being bezeled). Good luck!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
If you tell us the price of the pink, we can give you a hint if its flaws pay for the discount. Should you like to know. We might ruin your project, then better no asking.

Ok spill it. I'm learning about CS but do not know much. I'm sure its heated. Pd $100. Trying to decide how much money to put into the setting.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok spill it. I'm learning about CS but do not know much. I'm sure its heated. Pd $100. Trying to decide how much money to put into the setting.

That seems a not-a-rip-off price to me. I would set it in silver with white zircons. In your place, if I go for the full bling treatment, I'd want to use an even better center stone. The reason I suggested the stock setting I did is because I don't think your pink sapphire measures up to the pink sapphires in many of the inspiration photos that others link, and when there is so much focus on the center stone in a classic halo, I'd want a more flawless stone. As it is, your pink sapphire is silky and has a window, so it wouldn't match the brilliance of the diamonds.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Can't be wrong for $100 unless synthetic.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks! So the ring has been made and I should have it on my finger next week!
The wonderful David Klass kindly offered a setting he had made for another customer who changed their mind and I just love it and think it's perfect! I know the sapphire is not the best and maybe we will change the stone down the road, but it's a memory of our honeymoon and we've all got to start somewhere! Thanks for everyone's help and encouragement! Here are the glam shots... DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--2.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--5.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--4.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--1.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--3.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can't believe your stone fit the setting! Was it a calibrated size?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 , Your ring looks beautiful. So soft and feminine. Please come back with hand photos. It is going to look gorgeous on your hand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi folks! So the ring has been made and I should have it on my finger next week!
The wonderful David Klass kindly offered a setting he had made for another customer who changed their mind and I just love it and think it's perfect! I know the sapphire is not the best and maybe we will change the stone down the road, but it's a memory of our honeymoon and we've all got to start somewhere! Thanks for everyone's help and encouragement! Here are the glam shots... DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--2.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--5.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--4.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--1.jpg DKPV2020-02-24------DBLH--3.jpg

SWOON!!!
Gorgeous. From all directions. That profile. That top view. The view from behind. Just swoonlicious!!!

@bling_dream19 a breathtaking ring for such a sweet and wonderful woman. I am thrilled for you. Wear in good health and blingy joy. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 , Your ring looks beautiful. So soft and feminine. Please come back with hand photos. It is going to look gorgeous on your hand.

You are soo sweet. Thank you @calling soft and feminine is the look I was going for so that means a lot. I will be back with hand shots for sure once I get it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
SWOON!!!
Gorgeous. From all directions. That profile. That top view. The view from behind. Just swoonlicious!!!

@bling_dream19 a breathtaking ring for such a sweet and wonderful woman. I am thrilled for you. Wear in good health and blingy joy. XOXO.

Thank you @missy You are the best! I love that I got a SWOON and a swoonlicious!!! And I love all the different angles too! Thank you for your excitement always. I can't wait to wear her and I'll have to pick a name too lol.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its so beautiful! I love that the stone means so much to you and represents your beautiful start! So romantic ❤

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result. Congrats!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results