shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me- Is this good price? Should I buy on-line?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girlfriend76

Rough_Rock
First of all, thank you for reading my post. I am shopping for a perfect diamond and I think I found one at my local store. Can you please give me your thoughts? It has GIA certificate. They are asking $14500

Round Brilliant
2.03 carat
Depth: 61.8%
Table :57%
Girdle: Thin to slightly Thick, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI2
Color: D
Fluorescence : Medium BlueT

Thank you in advance for your comments.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
there is not too many similar stones listed onluine to compare the prices.

It looks like your price is quite reasonable though. And the stone has very good chance to be a very good cut.

Girlfriend76

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply.

I guess it might be crazy to go for a D color and such a poor SI2 clarity. I am going through a local jeweler who doesn't have much of a selection. She simply didn't have any good F color for me to pick from and I don't want to push her again when its her 20th diamond she showed me. It seemed to have more brilliance even though everyone says D and F color is no different. My budget is $15000 and looking for a 2 carat with lots of fire.

Do you think I should wait and look for F color VS1 or VS2 instead?

Thank you for answering all these questions.
:bigsmile:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
. He found out that I color looks just as good for him as G or H.

In good SI stone you should not see inclusion from the face-up position so why bother for VS clarity? :)

The only advice I can give is to look and compare different diamonds and decide what combination of Cs is the best for you.

This stone has a big advantage - you like it and it's probably a very good cut. Price sounds reasonable and you probably feel comfortable with the jeweler.

On the other hand, there are literally thousands of diamonds in the Internet to choose from.

It's your call. Let us know what you decided :)

[/u]

Girlfriend76

Rough_Rock
After reading many other topics, I realized that I don't have Crown and Pavilion Angle info on my GIA report. I just called to request it.

The jewelers told me "I don't know how I am going to get this, but I will try!"

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear some good news.

FYI- Yes, I agree with what you said about SI clarity. This stone is SI2 clarity but it was very clean to naked eyes. However, from the bottom up view, I saw tons of black inclusions... I saw many SI2 with really huge inclusions visible with naked eyes, but inclusions in this stone was pretty well hidden.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
FYI- Yes, I agree with what you said about SI clarity. This stone is SI2 clarity but it was very clean to naked eyes. However, from the bottom up view, I saw tons of black inclusions... I saw many SI2 with really huge inclusions visible with naked eyes, but inclusions in this stone was pretty well hidden.
----------------

That's a good news. Clarity is graded from the table-up position.

Derek

Rough_Rock
Don't feel bad about 'pushing' the jeweler. You're the one forking over all the cash. I'm sure she would be happy to show you stones all day long if you are going to be spending that much.:wink2:
Happy hunting!
-D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results