shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me interpret these ASET/IS images!

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
Hello again!

Eric from d.nea got back to me today with the ASET/IS images of the two diamonds I am considering. Nice guy!

Diamond #1:
Weight: 1.07 carat
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
AGS Cut: Ideal
Dimensions: 6.66x6.62x4.05mm
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 55.0%
Crown: 15.0% 33.5°
Pavilion: 43.0% 40.8°
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Medium To Slightly Thick, Facet

Diamond #2:
Weight: 1.13 carat
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut: Ideal
Dimensions: 6.80x6.75x4.12mm
Depth: 60.9%
Table: 55.0%
Crown: 15.0% 34.0°
Pavilion: 43.0% 40.8°
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Very Thin To Medium, Faceted

Here is a video of both diamonds, with Diamond #1 on the left and #2 on the right: http://d.neadiamonds.com/videos/WB1027-WB904.mp4

Here are the ASET/IS images of Diamond #1:

wb1027-aset-1.jpg

wb1027-aset-2.jpg

wb1027-is-1.jpg

wb1027-is-2.jpg

PumpkinsAreAwesome

Shiny_Rock
Finally, here are both diamonds with Diamond #1 on the left and Diamond #2 on the right:

In Eric's e-mail, he stated that these pictures were taking using point and shoot cameras and emphasized that I should focus on the color distribution instead of saturation, as that can vary based on factors like lighting and camera positioning.

What are your thoughts on these diamonds? Like I stated in my other post, I am looking for a conflict-free diamond that has lots and lots of fire and am debating between these lab MRBs vs OECs.

On a side note, I'd like to share this adorable picture Eric sent me. Even if I end up not getting an engagement diamond from d.nea, I may come back at some point to grab one of these lovelies!

_34817.jpg

_34818.jpg

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Isn't he lovely! I'm so glad you were able to get some images.

I wonder if the mods would allow these pictures (just the ASET, ideal scope and diamond pics, without referencing the fact that they're lab grown) in rocky talk for appraisal of cut quality.. I've flagged it with them (I hope that's ok!).

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
I'll give my novice thoughts, and hopefully soon some of the more seasoned posters chime in with better advice :)

From the numbers, I prefer diamond 2 - larger diameter, and from what I've seen perhaps the crown and pavillion angles are more complimentary. Having said that, I would imagine the final verdict would come from the ASET and idealscopes, and to me, they look similar. They both seem to have leakage under the table (although, both predominantly on the left side - I wonder this has anything to do with the photography?) - but I wonder if this leakage would be enough to noticeably impact on performance? Would they still be considered solid, well cut diamonds? At just a quick glance, they both look lovely in the video.. Just diamond 2 looks noticeably bigger.

I wonder if the very thin girdle on the second diamond is something to be concerned about? If you choose to proceed, it would probably be worth checking with Eric to see if the diamond is appropriate for the setting you're considering (which if I remember correctly from another thread, is a solitaire?).

Really looking forward to others chiming in!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
adele_h|1444374175|3936540 said:

I wonder if the mods would allow these pictures (just the ASET, ideal scope and diamond pics, without referencing the fact that they're lab grown) in rocky talk for appraisal of cut quality.. I've flagged it with them (I hope that's ok!).

Sorry, all MMDs need to stay here.

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Ella|1444428328|3936781 said:
adele_h|1444374175|3936540 said:

Sorry, all MMDs need to stay here.

No worries, thanks for clarifying :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results