shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me intepret the IS/ASET of this princess cut

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Hi experts, please help~
I'm considering purchasing this princess cut, but I have some concerns about this stone.
Let me post all its images first.

bdm_princess_1.jpg

bdm_princess_2.jpg

bdm_princess_3.jpg

bdm_princess_4.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Experts, I have the following questions:

1, this one has a lot of facets on the pavilion side, do you think for a ~1ct stone, it will look too "busy"?
Will too small facets affect its dispersion?
2, the IS seems a little abnormal to me, there are very little obstruction, is this a good thing? Is the leakage a bit too much?
3, so the the ASET a little abnormal, there's virtually no blue
4, and the similated light map shows quite some "leakage" area, which is in brown, is it normal for a princess cut?

And overally, what do you think of this stone's cutting and performance?
Thank you!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only reliable source of two chevron princesses is Infinity. Otherwise, this one is gorgeous.

There is "blue" in the ASET, but it is showing up as black in this picture. Leakage is most easily seen on the IS, which is white. as you can see, very, very minimal.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
1, this one has a lot of facets on the pavilion side, do you think for a ~1ct stone, it will look too "busy"?
Will too small facets affect its dispersion?

I think this is a 3-chevron princess, which is my favorite pattern. I don't think it will look busy in the way that 4- and 5-chevron stones can. For dispersion, you'll see the classic princess pinfire. I think it will look awesome.

2, the IS seems a little abnormal to me, there are very little obstruction, is this a good thing? Is the leakage a bit too much?
3, so the the ASET a little abnormal, there's virtually no blue
4, and the similated light map shows quite some "leakage" area, which is in brown, is it normal for a princess cut?

I'll address these together. Aside from what Julie said, the small amount of obstruction isn't an issue, as the red vs. green areas and the small points of leakage will also provide contrast. This amount of leakage is small and not abnormal for a princess at all.

And overally, what do you think of this stone's cutting and performance?

Very nice; I'd buy it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have much to add - other than thritto, that looks like a really bright find, from all that info!

As Juli said the actual ASETs on black can make blue/black hard to distinguish - v likely that's what's happening here, in part. When there's some discrepancy I trust the actual pic, which looks to have been taken well, more than the simulated ASET (scanning, machining, printing error margins we don't know about), but in this case both look to represent the stone very similarly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results