shape
carat
color
clarity

help me i''m new at this.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

desktable

Rough_Rock
i have two diamonds that were shown to me by a jeweler. please give me some feedback. tell me what is good or bad about each one. i am looking for an emerald cut 1.2 - 1.5 carat.
what would you expect to pay for these two diamonds ?
any more advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks.

diamond one

emerald cut
measurments 7.72 x 5.17 x 3.40 mm
weight 1.28 carat
depth 65.8 %
table 73 %
girdle extremely thin to slightly thick
cutlet none
polish good
symmetry good
clarity VVS1
color G
fluoresence none

Diamond two

emerald cut
measurments 7.80 x 5.42 x 3.86 mm
weight 1.53 carat
depth 71.2 %
table 66 %
girdle thin to medium
cutlet none
polish good
symmetry very good
clarity VS1
color I
fluoresence none

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Neither...

Why? I like #2 for it's Depth being a little closer to the table, but still being higher. If a table is too large, the stone is misproportioned. I also am very scared of #1's girdle...it's too variable!!!

BUT #2 is an I and I have to be honest, I am wondering if you saw yellowness in it. I would suggest a VS1 or VS2 in an F or G. Also not to get a stone that is cut with such a big table compared to the depth (because a good depth gives the emerald that deep pool effect), since I am sure the cutter wanted to make that stone LOOK larger.

I'll look around for some better deals, but first describe the stones as you saw them, sparkle, and appreance!!!!

desktable

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply.

yes,diamond 2 was yellow compared to diamond 1 when compared side to side on a white background. as for sparkle etc.. i guess they both looked good but i'm not really sure what to look for.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I too would pass. Out of the two, I prefer #2. But I wouldn't buy it.
1.gif
My advice is to look for a FG or maybe H color VS clarity in the 1.30ct range, with table and depth in the 63-69% range and with a >12% crown.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results