shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me id this diamond - I think it's mrb

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Since coming back home after being away for a few months, I'm going through my collection. One of these is a reproduction art deco ring. I got it when I was beginning to get really fascinated with art deco pieces and older cut diamonds but my knowledge was still minimal. Anyway, this was from a Ruby Lane seller and I knew it was repro but he had said the diamond was older. It definitely isn't oec, and to me it doesn't look older at all and like an mrb. It is still beautiful, but I just wanted to confirm. I have seen some diamonds labeled "transitional" when to me they look like MRBs. The only transitional I can easily identify are the ones that have that checkered look. One day I would love to upgrade to a true art deco piece like this (I've seen similar designs on Ruby Lane, eBay and Etsy) with an oec in the center or checkered transitional center and cut rubies (these are cabochons) . Anyway would you guys say this is mrb or some sort of transitional or something else?

image0 (4).jpeg image2.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no good with cuts, however, just wanted to say the ring is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Typical TIC (near TIC) MRB. Appears to be well cut.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The table looks unique in that it looks completely square to me. Maybe it's just the way the light is hitting it. It's a very pretty ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results