shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me, I can''t decide on a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan862

Rough_Rock
Maybe someone here can help me. I have been looking at 1 - 1.2 ct H&A rounds for 6 months and cannot decide which to buy. I have looked at Blue Nile, Excel, White Flash, James Allen, ... I cannot decide on a stone. I am looking to spend between 5 and 7 thousand dollars on a stone but there are so many to choose from. Now that my setting is coming I am only that much more lost.

Any suggestions on great stones?

DBM

Shiny_Rock
do like i do. think of it has having alot of "right choices". sounds like you''re getting top quality stones so i''m sure you (and your fiancee) will be blown away with any of your choices. does that help?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and you expect US to make it better?

We're probably why you can't decide in the first place!
9.gif

Alright, my picks:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=985125
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/a-cut-above-h-a-cut-diamond-52624.htm

dan862

Rough_Rock
I have a good feeling you are right...
33.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Would you be willing to go with an H SI-1?

Of the 2 that Julie listed, the 1.156 G SI-1 ACA looks better to me than the F from James Allen. The F, JA diamond has some pretty visible inclusions at the girdle. If you're going for a bezel you can probably cover them, but I'm not sure if the inclusions would be covered by a prong.

Here are a few H's from a "Search by Cut" that look pretty clean:

1.21 H SI-1 $5994

1.226 H SI-1 $6302

I like the G that Julie picked....

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 5:37:43 PM
Author: starryeyed
Would you be willing to go with an H SI-1?

Of the 2 that Julie listed, the 1.156 G SI-1 ACA looks better to me than the F from James Allen. The F, JA diamond has some pretty visible inclusions at the girdle. If you''re going for a bezel you can probably cover them, but I''m not sure if the inclusions would be covered by a prong.

Here are a few H''s from a ''Search by Cut'' that look pretty clean:

1.21 H SI-1 $5994

1.226 H SI-1 $6302

I like the G that Julie picked....

Starryeyed, you are looking at magnified images - the JA is 9x and 18x magnified. His fiancee won''t be walking around with a loupe over her finger! (At least I hope not!)

dan862

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I have been looking at things too in depth to appreciate all of the good stones out there. I need to stop reading posts, pull out my wallet, and then take the plunge.

Cheers!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Dan, and thanks for correcting me :) ! You know what happened, I looked at a bunch of diamonds for Dan and had confused the 1.12 JA F SI-1 with a 1.24 JA F-SI-1 diamond. Here is the one I had mistaken, so you can see what I meant: 1.24 JA F SI-1.

The 1.12 F SI-1 is much cleaner. Again my apologies for any confusion.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the ones that JulieN and diamondseeker posted, they are all winners.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t say that I am totally unbiased on the last three because I have an H color Towlkowsky stone myself. :) But I honestly do like that one the best of those three!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results