shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me here please!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking at these stones. A pair of Amethyst (4ct each) or an Amethyst and Citrine (4ct each). If I get the pair I'll make earrings, if one of each then rings or pendants.

343v_large[1].jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
That blue flash on those Amethyst = very engaging....
You can make gorgeous earrings.... You are going to have the
world's prettiest ring already when you set your Spinel :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Wouldn't those Amethyst look pretty in baskets like these.....

dangles done 5.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pair looks nicer because the color of the amethyst "clashes" with the color of the citrine...

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the ame's but the citrine seems a little muddy. Unless you are going for an autumnal feel.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to get the pair of Amethyst for earrings :lickout: I may set them in a single dangle like upgradable's new ones :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The amethysts are pretty but the citrines do nothing for me. Dangles are going to be lovely!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good, you went for the amethysts. I love the chunky facets. Looking forward to seeing them! :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Treenbean|1311142269|2972784 said:
I really like the ame's but the citrine seems a little muddy. Unless you are going for an autumnal feel.
I agree with Treebean..typically I don't like my stones to have that much brown in them. I do love the Ammys though! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'll stand up for the autumn colors - that is my favorite color palette! Yippee for fall colors :appl:
I'm also starting to realize that sometimes I like brownish orange...

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your amethyst's have a beautiful tone! Lovely! Looking forward to your completed pieces!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to this post, but I also prefer the amethysts.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Uruguayan amethyst? That citrine is fantastic and the color looks just like the heated ones from there. "Extra fine color" ammy heated to oxblood

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amethystguy|1311215741|2973506 said:
Uruguayan amethyst? That citrine is fantastic and the color looks just like the heated ones from there. "Extra fine color" ammy heated to oxblood

Yes they are.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Artigas they are then..like the ones on that other post I commented on that had Uruguayan stones. Some of the oxblood/madeira ones have fantastic color with good red flash and secondary. The ones from Uruguay are usually the finest colored citrines their are, in my opinion. I wonder what Zambian material would look like turned to citrine?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amethystguy|1311219853|2973551 said:
Artigas they are then..like the ones on that other post I commented on that had Uruguayan stones. Some of the oxblood/madeira ones have fantastic color with good red flash and secondary. The ones from Uruguay are usually the finest colored citrines their are, in my opinion. I wonder what Zambian material would look like turned to citrine?

It's a madeira citrine from Uraguay

345a_large.jpg

345f_large.jpg

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think you should get all three and make a drop necklace out of them. I love the colors together! :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results