shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me guess her ring size (pic inside)

beerisgood

Rough_Rock
She's about 120lbs, 5'3. Her right hand is below..

hand.png

beerisgood

Rough_Rock
her ring finger looks really small. im thinking a size 5.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There really isn't a way to guess from a pic, or from her general proportions. You're going to need to either ask her outright, or get sneaky (borrow one of her every-day rings, enlist a friend to ask her, measure her finger while she's sleeping ... I remember one guy who bought a cheapy ring, pretended he'd "found" it, and had his GF try it on to get a ballpark idea!). Alternately, you could just buy the most typical size, 6, and resign yourself to getting it sized if necessary - just be careful to buy a ring that can be sized.

beerisgood

Rough_Rock
Circe|1308673396|2951074 said:
There really isn't a way to guess from a pic, or from her general proportions. You're going to need to either ask her outright, or get sneaky (borrow one of her every-day rings, enlist a friend to ask her, measure her finger while she's sleeping ... I remember one guy who bought a cheapy ring, pretended he'd "found" it, and had his GF try it on to get a ballpark idea!). Alternately, you could just buy the most typical size, 6, and resign yourself to getting it sized if necessary - just be careful to buy a ring that can be sized.

If a ring can be re-sized, its not good quality?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate to say it, but I don't think you can guess someone's ring size by looking at her hand and knowing her stats.

Example:
I'm 5'10", 160 lbs, and I wear a size 5.5.
My best friend is 5'3", 120 lbs, and she wears a size 6.

Does she have any rings at home (that she wears on her ring finger) that you can borrow for a day and have sized?
Can you contact a friend of hers to get the info? I did this for a friend. Her BF called and asked me to get her ring sized next time we were out together. We popped into a jeweler and I asked her if she knew her ring size, and voila!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Ditto asking a friend of hers. I know my best friend's ring size.

I'm just an inch taller than your gf and the same weight. My ring size is 4.25. I don't think there is any real correlation between height/weight and ring size. I don't know what style you have in mind, but I'd be weary of sizing down a pave ring so try asking a relative or friend.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really hard to tell from the picture or estimate from height/weight. I'm the same height and weight as your girlfriend and now wear size 6. My mom has at least 30 lbs on me (same height), and is about sz 4.5. I'd try sizing one of her rings (as long as she wears it on the right finger) or enlisting her friend for help.

Rorran81

Rough_Rock
beerisgood said:
Circe|1308673396|2951074 said:

If a ring can be re-sized, its not good quality?

@beerisgood: Depending on the ring, a jeweler may not be able to resize it. Stones and/or millwork in the band may not look right after resize (or even fit in any more). Also, resizing may throw off the ring's proportions/angles such that the main stone setting won't accommodate your stone anymore.

Just show the ring to your jeweler. He or she will be able to tell you if it can be resized.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to know her exact ring size. Ask her friend or her mother. If you don't, just get an inexpensive plain setting to propose with. It would be bad to resize a ring with diamonds in the setting.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
IN regards to being able to a size a ring- what we are talking about is how rings with diamonds all the way around or special engraving can't be resized as it would ruin the design or its just not possible. If there is a stretch of plain metal on the bottom/back of the ring then you should be able to easily size it.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Its not that most rings cannot be resized however sometimes depending on the style of the ring it might not be as easily done. I second asking her friends or family to help you get her ring size. Best of luck ! :)

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, if she doesn't normally wear rings, that could be a problem. Even if she wears a ring on her right hand, it could be a different size than her left hand.

You may have to get creative. We have a lot of street fairs where I live where vendors hawk cheapy rings. If you have something similar (summer festivals with vendor stands are also a good option) you could offer to get her something she likes and encourage her to try on rings. Even if she doesn't want the ring, you can always go back to the vendor and ask the size.

Good luck!

lbling

Rough_Rock
AmeliaG|1308700671|2951417 said:
Hmm, if she doesn't normally wear rings, that could be a problem. Even if she wears a ring on her right hand, it could be a different size than her left hand.

I completely agree with this! I wear two sizes bigger on my right hand then my left hand. I would enlist her BF or mother to help. Unless she has a ring that she already wears on her left ring finger. This will probably be the best option. I know one jeweller here in Brisbane where I live allow you to take a ring to propose with and then if she doesn't like it you can bring it back and she can pick the one she really wants and size it. Is this an option of any jewellers there?

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
I'm almost 5'5", weigh 123, and wear 6.5-7 depending on the weather, the time of month, or how much sodium I eat. You're going to have to get tricky to figure it out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results