shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me go shopping!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BossOfDOS2

Rough_Rock
I''ve read the books and visited the web sites and now it''s time to buy. But there are so many choices!!! I''m looking to buy in the next couple of days. Anyone care to link me to a suggestion or two and help this poor soul out?

Looking for the following:
--------------------------
+/- $5000
1.0-1.2ct
round brilliant
great HCA
great idealscope
GIA or AGS certificate
Inclusions not readily visible without a 10x loupe

** something with "oomph" when you look at it yet still good clairty, color, etc. **

From what I can tell, this would put me in an SI1, H-J type diamond. She''s certainly worth a lot more but I''m already over budget for what she wants.
1.gif

This would be set in platinum or white gold with two .25 round side stones.

Thanks in advance!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Boss~

I got an idea for you. Why don't you look just a tad below the 1 carat mark. In a really well cut diamond, you will get the look of a 1 carat diamond without taking the price premium hit of the magic 1.0+ number.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
There's a beautiful ACA diamond J - SI 1 H+A superideal on whiteflash.com

J
SI1
60.6%
56%
AGS
thintomedium0.9
pt
id
id

6.61-6.63x4.01
$4090
$4294*‡

Sounds beautiful... ACA are FANTASTIC--I have one-- and Lesley is super too! She's a great gal!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Ewwww, Giangi!! Sounds like a GREAT diamond and a GREAT price too. White Flash has gorgeous cuts and Lesley is GREAT too. At that price, there will be cash left for the side stones and set without breaking the bank!
love.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Boss,

Here is what I did:

Read some more informaiton about the cut and then go to the price stats function and search by carat, click on lowest in AGA 1A under Gvs2, you will get a list, click on price per carat to sort the list, look for depth between 60-61 in your price range and you are likely to get quite a few interesting finds.

I found that the H&A are too expensive for value - there are many beautiful diamonds out there - try a few different combinations (personally would not go below AGA 1B, but that is your choice again !

Make sure you get crown angles, pav angles, Sarin, brill scope and photos - can recommend Rockdoc for this - this is really worthwile !!!

Good luck - it is quite good fun searching around !
3.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Pq...
Look how beautiful is the stone I bought from them... It's very small -- as I just wanted to see how good were ACA's-- but when I opened the package I fainted!

Sorry if it's off topic, but I just NEEDED he he to share... This is about how that J SI 1 should look like...

DI_AGS-3767505 .jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Brian had me look at one of his J ACA's when they sent me the H ACA I had decided on. He wanted me to compare saying, "There's no real wrong decision here." He was absolutely correct. Side by side, face up, there was hardly a noticeable color difference. Not much more cutlet up. Cut really does make a difference. It made for a very tough choice. The H color in SI1 clarity, or the J color in VS clarity. Hubby is a clarity freak and voted for the J. After much trial and tribulation, I finally settled on the H. I am a color freak and noticed the H appeared ever so "slightly whiter" when I set them, like diamond studs, against white gold and diamond earring jackets.

Brian does cut some GORGEOUS diamonds! Seeing that J makes me wonder what he could do in even lower colors???!!! LOL
6.gif

Hoping to get my goodie soon so I can post "Proud Mamma" pics!
2.gif

BossOfDOS2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I've found a similar diamond to the one listed above and would be curious to get other opinions on it. I started a new discussion thread which can be found here (same Pricescope forum).

Opinions on this 1 carat diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results