shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me get to the finish line! (Engagement Ring)

This is frustrating

Rough_Rock
At the risk of totally upsetting the plan, I wanted you to see this stone as you mentioned she loved yellow. This is a great price.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/270ct-w-x-vs1-cushion-diamond-r8421

Thanks rocky! I had that about colored diamonds. There is actually a 3 ct. canary diamond in my family that didn't end up going to me based on the timing on everything. Everything happens for a reason, and the 3 ct. stone would have ended up being bigger than she felt comfortable wearing. Plus, her preference is for a round diamond :geek:

I definitely appreciate the additional options though! I'll probably have WF pull the two J diamonds to give me their thoughts before making a decision, unless some mystery stone pops up in the next day or so.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your logic makes sense to me @This is frustrating. Looks like you're about ready to go. Can you show us the setting you're planning on (not sure if
I missed it)...I'm always curious what people pick.

This is frustrating

Rough_Rock
Your logic makes sense to me @This is frustrating. Looks like you're about ready to go. Can you show us the setting you're planning on (not sure if
I missed it)...I'm always curious what people pick.

This is the setting: https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-criss-cross-diamond-engagement-ring-4512.htm

I know she will love the setting as during my information gathering stage (which was long enough ago that this should be a surprise ;)2) I learned that what she wants most is a yellow gold setting with the metal/diamond crisscross.

Since WF is closed today, I'm enjoying a day of searching stones before reaching out to compare final candidates tomorrow (or Wednesday if they are closed for NYE). I saw this one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067968.htm

Even though it's less than .1 ct larger, and thus probably indistinguishable from a size standpoint, being 2+ ct. does add some value from a psychological standpoint I suppose. I was mostly drawn to the smaller table, and greater fire.

Thoughts?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for this J 2ct if it is eye clean! 2ct does have an effect psychologically to me. Great find and the price is still within your budget!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a new WF link with the last 3 stones you are comparing:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=4059367,4018642,4067968

When getting to a point of making a final decision like this I find you have to start being nitpicky. That seems to have pissed a few people off here lately so I will limit my comments.

I'd ask WF to pull all 3 stones and compare them side by side. Ask them to confirm:
  • Any significant color differences.
  • All stones are eye clean (realizing there was some comments on the 1.9 in the past).
  • Noticeable size difference between the stones.
  • If one stone exhibits slightly more fire than another.
When doing their comparisons, ask them to take additional photos/videos in a variety of different lighting environments (preferably mimicking what you think yours may be at home).

Also, my own thing but I like to open multiple tabs and look at the enlarged videos of each stone. Put them side by side. Sometimes you can see one stone will have slightly more fire than another. I see some minor differences but nothing that I'd consider major.

Truly all these are stones are good choices, you just need to find the one that speaks to you.

This is frustrating

Rough_Rock
Here is a new WF link with the last 3 stones you are comparing:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=4059367,4018642,4067968

When getting to a point of making a final decision like this I find you have to start being nitpicky. That seems to have pissed a few people off here lately so I will limit my comments.

I'd ask WF to pull all 3 stones and compare them side by side. Ask them to confirm:
  • Any significant color differences.
  • All stones are eye clean (realizing there was some comments on the 1.9 in the past).
  • Noticeable size difference between the stones.
  • If one stone exhibits slightly more fire than another.
When doing their comparisons, ask them to take additional photos/videos in a variety of different lighting environments (preferably mimicking what you think yours may be at home).

Also, my own thing but I like to open multiple tabs and look at the enlarged videos of each stone. Put them side by side. Sometimes you can see one stone will have slightly more fire than another. I see some minor differences but nothing that I'd consider major.

Truly all these are stones are good choices, you just need to find the one that speaks to you.

Thanks @sledge! I'll use the link you provided and run through those questions with WF. I won't make you get nitpicky and piss off people, but out of curiosity- which stone would you select? I can tell you've put in a lot of hours studying these things and would appreciate your input.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I like all of them. I like the inclusions on the 2ct, well as in it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe the 2ct for the psychological thing haha:twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results