shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me get inspiration for a carved ring or pendant! (Plain, No stones)

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
A local silversmith is doing small workshops at a local "makers market" in a couple weekends to make your own ring or pendant by carving wax and then casting it in sterling silver.

Looking for some ideas for ring designs without stonrs to draw inspiration from. Unique styles, between the finger, open profiles, highly textured, 3D rings, etc... Basically anything that could be cast in one metal and made in wax or carved out in about 2 hours.

I found these earlier today, and the chain link ring posted for sale by @HS4S_2 are some I'm considering right now.

Attachments

• faray-ring-915032_1200x.jpg
    faray-ring-915032_1200x.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 37
  • lunga-ring-905909_1200x.jpg
    lunga-ring-905909_1200x.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20221205_143515.jpg
    20221205_143515.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 53

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A local silversmith is doing small workshops at a local "makers market" in a couple weekends to make your own ring or pendant by carving wax and then casting it in sterling silver.

Looking for some ideas for ring designs without stonrs to draw inspiration from. Unique styles, between the finger, open profiles, highly textured, 3D rings, etc... Basically anything that could be cast in one metal and made in wax or carved out in about 2 hours.

I found these earlier today, and the chain link ring posted for sale by @HS4S_2 are some I'm considering right now.

I am going to look in my photo file when I get to my office. I have some pictures of settings like those saved.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I too late?

Anything by George Jensen. Google image search on name and "ring."

Or "Jane, his wife." Sorry -- I can't say his name without the '60s TV cartoon jingle popping into my head.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Just looked him up, @LilAlex , and his stuff is cool! Little puzzle pieces fitting together.

The workshop was yesterday morning and I hadn't checked PS before going so didn't see this in time. I ended up making two different rings because I had extra time while waiting for my cousin who was with me. She carved out an ouroboros ring (highly ambitious!) and I went with a simpler geometric inspired design where I just "cut" facets into the wax with a big fat file. We were given practice ring blanks to mess around and try techniques on that I ended up turning into a tiny origami heart-shaped signet ring.
Screenshot_20221213_225609_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221213_225228_Instagram.jpg

There was another couple in our workshop with us who made Mom and Dad signet rings inspired by The Great Frog. All our projects were so ambitious and I hope they turn out well after casting. I had an absolute blast!

1671405450827.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results