shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find the right diamond!

pattmatters13

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member on price scope, but have spent quite some time on the site trying to understand diamonds and trying to find exactly I'm looking for. I know 10X more now about diamonds than I did a month ago, but I am still having trouble when it comes to finding the best diamond to purchase. Many of you know diamonds better than I ever will, and in all honesty I am asking for your help to find a diamond that fits my criteria.

I am 24 and don't have tons to spend on a ring. My budget is around 7k for everything. The setting is going to be around $700 so that leaves me about $6300 for the stone. Every time I try to narrow it down and determine exactly which stone I think I want, I get overwhelmed, not to mention there are tons of stones on many of these sites that meet my criteria. Well, the time has come and now I need to buy one. My girlfriend will really appreciate the largest diamond I can get, but quality is still very important.

From what I have been able to gather, I would like the ring to meet or surpass the following:

Round brilliant cut
.9 carat (preferably over 1 carat)
H color
vs2
very good cut

Do you have any recommendation on specific diamonds that meet these criteria?

I regularly see people post a link to a specific diamond and ask for peoples thoughts. More times than not, others recommend another diamond and it is generally agreed to be a better, more brilliant diamond. That is what I'm looking for!

Thank you in advance!

amead

Rough_Rock
Greetings...

Unfortunately I can't help you much, though I am very much in a similar spot. I have also settled on roughly the same specs in terms of H/VS2/Ideal style RB diamonds. Since size is pretty much a non-interesting spec, I think your search will be quite similar to mine. It is easy to do searches and get overloaded with results that can be vetted with tools like HCA and IdealScope shots, etc, it would be interesting to hear how the "pros" here go about suggesting great diamonds for folks in terms of where to search, how to analyze the result set to weed some out, etc. Will be following this closely, and best of luck!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results