shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Find the Best Diamond for my Budget

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS'ers!
I have a budget of about 25K and looking for the biggest carat and best cut diamond I can get. Would be so grateful if the PS'ers can give some input. Thanks in advance!

Carat: biggest within budget
Color: prefer J (not lower) to maximize budget
Clarity: VS2 (or lower if eye-clean)
Cut: excellent/ideal

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Dancing Fire, for the response! That diamond is indeed beautiful but I don't necessarily need the VS1 clarity and I color, as I prefer lower parameters on these 2 C's in order to get a bigger carat size - preferably at least 2.5 carats.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I to assume you need a round?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To maximize size, I would call ID jewelry. Make sure to ask for ps quality stones but explain you are open to eye clean SI1/SI2. They will find something amazing

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Dancing Fire, for the links.

Lovedogs, I just finished talking to Yekutiel and he suggested the following diamond.

PS'ers, please chime in with your opinion! Thanks in advance!

GIA cert
Carat 2.7
8.9 x 9.0 x 5.4 mm
J, VVS2
Depth 60.8%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 33.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8

GIA  IdealScope-01.jpg GIA  Officelight black-01.jpg GIA  Officelight Gray-01.jpg GIA ASET  black (Fancy)-01.jpg GIA ASET  white-01.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Dancing Fire, for the links.

Lovedogs, I just finished talking to Yekutiel and he suggested the following diamond.

PS'ers, please chime in with your opinion! Thanks in advance!

GIA cert
Carat 2.7
8.9 x 9.0 x 5.4 mm
J, VVS2
Depth 60.8%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 33.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8

GIA  IdealScope-01.jpg GIA  Officelight black-01.jpg GIA  Officelight Gray-01.jpg GIA ASET  black (Fancy)-01.jpg GIA ASET  white-01.jpg
YES! This is why I love IDJ! They work miracles in terms of finding outstanding diamonds when people want to get large sizes without breaking their budget (and when budget doesn't allow for super ideals). This gets a huge thumbs up from me.

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is beautiful :kiss2:. IDJ is amazing with a budget.

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
If you go with Whiteflash or HP, down the road you’d be able to move up in color/clarity if you wish. Something to consider.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the IDJ diamond looks amazing! Are you happy with the price point?

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
IDJ diamond essentially same price as Whiteflash. I have the diamond on hold and plan on getting it as soon as I can choose a setting. Thanks to everyone who replied with helpful suggestions, as I now know I am getting a great diamond at a fair, reasonable price!

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
YES! This is why I love IDJ! They work miracles in terms of finding outstanding diamonds when people want to get large sizes without breaking their budget (and when budget doesn't allow for super ideals). This gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Just for my own education....is this diamond of IDJ considered a super ideal? Are any non branded "regular" GIA graded diamonds ever super ideals?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for my own education....is this diamond of IDJ considered a super ideal? Are any non branded "regular" GIA graded diamonds ever super ideals?

I can only speak for myself, but no, I wouldn't consider this a super ideal. Because I reserve that term for branded super ideals (ACA line, CBIs, black/signature from brian gavin). But this one falls within super ideal ranges (almost, since the 33 crown is a bit under what we recommend), and the ASET looks great. So I have zero concerns, but I wouldn't call it super ideal. That said, many people cant see differences between branded super ideals and stuff like this (I might be one of them, but haven't tried). And in that case, the price is usually more competitive for the non-branded stones.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone from IDJ @SCARLETTE! Looking forward to seeing hand-shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results