shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find some diamond stud earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tzzoooma

Rough_Rock
Wife is asking for a pair. She doesn''t ask for much usually, so I thought I''d get her this for her BD. :)

Of course she really doesn''t know about quality differences, but she does like her D/VS2 engagement ring alot.
Thinking of getting studs D-G, VS-SI, round, screwback WG, about .75-1.0 carat TW.

My thinking is that a very good cut G/SI2 would look a lot nicer than poorer cut D/VS1?

I''d appreciate any leads or other information you folks could offer on where to
narrow my search to or the going prices. Is enhanced worth considering?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi tzzooma and welcome to Pricescope. I suggest that you repost your request in the "Rocky Talk" forum. That forum gets a lot more traffic, and I''m positive you will get responses more quickly there.

In the meantime, let me just say, don''t get your wife enhanced diamonds.

tzzoooma

Rough_Rock
will do, thanks

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 9:30:02 AM
Author:tzzoooma
Wife is asking for a pair. She doesn''t ask for much usually, so I thought I''d get her this for her BD. :)

Of course she really doesn''t know about quality differences, but she does like her D/VS2 engagement ring alot.
Thinking of getting studs D-G, VS-SI, round, screwback WG, about .75-1.0 carat TW.

My thinking is that a very good cut G/SI2 would look a lot nicer than poorer cut D/VS1?

I''d appreciate any leads or other information you folks could offer on where to
narrow my search to or the going prices. Is enhanced worth considering?
Yes, Rocky Talky is the place where you should be.
You will get many good recommendations. I got some earrings just about a year from a place called Whiteflash.com and am very happy with them. I know that the people who actually made them though have moved and started their own company called BGD (Brian Gavin Diamonds). I think either place would be great and they would help you custom make and also would help you get the quality YOU would like in terms of the diamond if you gave them a call. I went with H VS2 in their best cut, which is superb--it''s a hearts and arrows ideal. Many people in this forum have gone much lower in color and clarity than that and have earrings that look nice, but I didn''t want to. You might like to stay even higher.
Of course the lower you go the bigger the size you can afford, but I don''t know what size your wife would prefer. She might like to stay with 1 carat total weight, which some women consider ideal. My earrings are jst about 2 carats total weight, some think that is too large (though others will wear 3 carats or even 4 and don''t mind K or M color or I1 quality. It depends on the woman).
If you want to have an idea what people''s results look like, there''s a thread called ''Show me Your Diamond Studs'' where people have posted photos, give the stats and tell which vendor the earring came from. Best of luck,
you are a sweet husband.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results