shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find cheap CZ old cuts

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy a cheap CZ OEC and maybe OMC? I want something cheap because I just want to see what they look like. I will not be setting the stone(s). Hoping for cheap shipping to the US, also.

TL;DR:
I have never really been able to see an old cut diamond in person. I went to a jewelery store that claimed to have the most old cut diamonds in the state (which isn't actually saying much, in my state :lol:). When I asked if they could show me a nice example of an old cut diamond, I was told that they only had OECs and that "They don't look any different (from MRB)". I was like "Um... What?" and then they begrudgingly said, "Well, the only difference is you can see a hole in the center." The whole experience was a bust.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered an OEC CZ from Shantastic Jewelry on Etsy. Mine is 2 carat in pale pink, that's what made me decide I liked the cut so much to get a moissanite. It was under $100 set in silver. Let me dig it out and I'll take a picture.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a pic on my phone, I had read on another forum that the Chris CZ is really good and that's why I ordered from Shantastic (if you order verify it's the Chris CZ as this was a bit ago)

IMG_8679.jpg

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, Chris CZ are beautifully cut CZ! Here's the link to his main page: https://www.diamondcz.co.uk/ You can see there that he has 4 different styles of OEC cut, a transitional cut, an old mine cut, and an antique cushion cut, as well as the various modern cuts. You can order them as loose stones inexpensively from him. Also, as StephanieLynn mentioned, Shantastic on Etsy buys his CZ, bakes the stones in the oven to give them a little more warmth in color and depth, and sets them in silver or gold settings, if you want one set inexpensively.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was/is a website from the UK that had very reasonably priced cz. Unfortunately, the DB and it's message boards are down, otherwise, I could get you that link easily. Hopefully some one else knows which one I mean and will know the name of the site.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OboeGal beat me to it. :)

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:praise:I have to 2nd Chris CZ. I have ordered many stones from him over the years and they were all wonderful. I live in the states and it only took about a week for me to receive my stones from him. He is also a very good communicator if you have questions.=)2

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Old Mine Rocks for loose cz 20180806_185050.png is Shan Adams sister store on Etsy, to die for old cuts! All hand cut. Rose cuts, oecs, etc.
I have a Chris cz oec, they are okay, but not as good as these.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results