shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find an antique cushion!

Benhask

Rough_Rock
Hi! First time posting here. My boyfriend and I have been on the hunt for the perfect diamond for an engagement ring for a while now with no luck. I’m hoping the folks here might be able to help us find what we’re looking for...

Antique cushion / old mine cut
Really prefer an elongated stone
~ 3 ct
Whiter color (would love near colorless)
VS+ clarity

Eternal gratitude for anyone with any leads!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: A ‘true’ antique cushion, or are you open to modern-ideal cut antique cushions? Also, posting your budget would be helpful for folks to help find you something.

Benhask

Rough_Rock
Never seen a modern-ideal cut antique cushion. So can’t say I wouldn’t like it.

Budget ~34k

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! To see some examples of modern cut antique cushions, check out www.augustvintageinc.net. @Rhino has some fabulously cut diamonds that several on here can attest to.

A couple others to check out - for true antique stones - is Jewels by Grace, Love Affaor Diamonds, and Old World Diamonds.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 what @the_mother_thing said. I didn’t really see anything promising at Grace’s or LAD. Have you called Old World Diamonds yet? If anyone can find you a stone Adam (OWD) can.

Jogani would also be another one to consider for a larger and whiter stone. Nice antique cushions are getting harder to find especially elongated ones.

Benhask

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help so far, I will definitely check those out!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the help so far, I will definitely check those out!

I would also recommend following Jewels by Grace & the others I suggested on IG or reaching out to them directly. Sometimes Grace has things come in that she shares on IG before it hits her site. And she just returned from an antique jewelry show in Miami, so she may have something on hand that hasn’t even made it on IG yet.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, @Rhino (August Vintage) offers a diamond concierge service to find you a diamond in your specs/budget, and he knows great cut! So again, best to reach out by phone or email directly vs just going by what is on their websites.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I checked AV's inventory, and they don't have anything close to 3 carats (in either AVRound or AVCushion). Neither did Victor Canera. Jewels by Grace has a 3 ct F VS1 you might want to check out!
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/3-00ct-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-f-vs2

This is my listing - if you are set on a true antique/elongated stone this one won't work for you, but if the size and higher color are more important then here are a couple videos to help you get a better sense of the faceting:

I also LOVE the first one that @leukolenos posted :love:, but you would have to stretch your budget a good bit ($42K, although there is a slight discount for a wire transfer).

Anyway, good luck on your search and have fun!! I know how hard it is, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my listing - if you are set on a true antique/elongated stone this one won't work for you, but if the size and higher color are more important then here are a couple videos to help you get a better sense of the faceting:

I also LOVE the first one that @leukolenos posted :love:, but you would have to stretch your budget a good bit ($42K, although there is a slight discount for a wire transfer).

Anyway, good luck on your search and have fun!! I know how hard it is, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.

such a pretty stone @SandyK !

Yikes... no price listed when I first saw it! Don't you hate that! Sorry OP for any false hope!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just seconding the 3ct F VS1 cushion currently listed by Jewels by Grace. You stated you want white, so I'm guessing an M color is too far outside your requirements. But that F VS1 cushion...I saw that a short while ago and if I had a spare 30k it would already be in my jewelry box. Really not kidding.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
such a pretty stone @SandyK !

Yikes... no price listed when I first saw it! Don't you hate that! Sorry OP for any false hope!

haha I only know because I messaged Grace to ask - that stone is so pretty, it is making me second guess my new commitment to ECs :D . I feel like I need one of each - I'm hopeless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results