shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a WF princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I''ve pretty much decided to look to WF for a princess cut. Could JOhnQ or Belle, or anyone else with princess cut "know how" help me find a nice one?

I''m looking at the 1.50 carat range, alittle under or over is fine. I would like it to face up white, but it does not need to be a D or E, no lnclusions visible to the naked eye, and I''d like it to be square, not rectangular.

thanks for your time.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
johnq doesn''t know princess cuts!
11.gif
just kidding!!!
9.gif

at the size you''re looking for jetmal, you''re probably going to have to get something called in. i would give them a call and let them know what you''re looking for.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 2:59:16 PM
Author: belle
johnq doesn't know princess cuts!
11.gif
just kidding!!!
9.gif

at the size you're looking for jetmal, you're probably going to have to get something called in. i would give them a call and let them know what you're looking for.
Gasp!

If I weren't a gentleman I'd say "Well Belle, I DO know Princesses - and you AIN'T one!"
11.gif

(good thing I didn't say that)

Jetmal, you are in good hands here on PS - even with Belle
2.gif
- let us know if we can help.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks Gonzo........I LOVE that one! I''ve been looking at it myself. Unfortunatley, its alittle over budget for me.

I am getting very confuesd too, just like Ian on the other thread.....EGL or GIA....does it REALLY matter???? I too want as big of a rock as I can afford, and the paper work it comes with really doesnt matter much ....as long as it is cert''d. The only downfall I am thinking of is if I want to upgrade again ( 10 yrs down the road or so)....I will be able to trade up my GIA, but not the EGL.

thanks again for all your help,
Tina

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 3:35:12 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 3/2/2006 2:59:16 PM
Author: belle
johnq doesn''t know princess cuts!
11.gif
just kidding!!!
9.gif

at the size you''re looking for jetmal, you''re probably going to have to get something called in. i would give them a call and let them know what you''re looking for.
Gasp!

If I weren''t a gentleman I''d say ''Well Belle, I DO know Princesses - and you AIN''T one!''
11.gif

(good thing I didn''t say that)

Jetmal, you are in good hands here on PS - even with Belle
2.gif
- let us know if we can help.
11.gif
11.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 5:29:08 PM
Author: jetmal
thanks Gonzo........I LOVE that one! I''ve been looking at it myself. Unfortunatley, its alittle over budget for me.

I am getting very confuesd too, just like Ian on the other thread.....EGL or GIA....does it REALLY matter???? I too want as big of a rock as I can afford, and the paper work it comes with really doesnt matter much ....as long as it is cert''d. The only downfall I am thinking of is if I want to upgrade again ( 10 yrs down the road or so)....I will be able to trade up my GIA, but not the EGL.

thanks again for all your help,
Tina
it doesn''t *really* matter.. just know what you are getting into. gia is more consistent on grading and you *may* end up with a stone from egl that would be graded as much as 2 color/clarity grades less by gia.
i think a good color/clarity combo to shoot for would be h/si1 (gia) if you go for a well cut stone, then you could go down to i/j and still have a nice face-up colorless appearance.

i would leave the upgrade option open though. that is a huge benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results