shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a stone please!

Aussie_Doll

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am new to coloured stones and I am after my first stone.i am particularly after a peachy pink champagne coloured stone at least 7mm cushion or round. I have looked at morganite and sapphire, but have yet to find anything. My budget is open as long as I love the colour!

If I cant find anything then I am open to white stones, like sapphire, as well. Or to the possibility of getting a stone recut if needed.

I would love to get an oec cut by Michael E ideally ....

I thought I would ask the experts!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you know what you really want so have you contacted Michael E? He might be able to help and that would save you searching around. You don't see many OEC coloured stones so this will considerably narrow your search. If you're more open to cut then the search might be easier.

Aussie_Doll

Rough_Rock
I am open to other shapes, round or cushion- I thought I said that in my post sorry. I just meant ideally I would love an oec :) yes I hae contacted him.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eyes some Malaya "Imperial" Garnets show that pinky / peachy / champagne-y color you're looking for - check out Gene's PrecisionGem website and John's GemRite website - both have round Malaya Garnets that seem to approximate the color you seek... and maybe check out Dana's MasterCutGems website - on his "Most Recent Cut" page he's got a couple Tanzania Color Change Garnets (but they may be too bright for you?) and a Tanzania Imperial Zircon that is peachy/pink - these are all oval shaped though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty pinky champagne Tanzanian Zircon on Roger Dery's site. I recently purchased a Roger Dery zircon and the spectral colors flashing off the stone are amazing. Pictures do not do these stones justice. They look amazing in person.

http://www.spectralgems.net/A-zircon.html

_1523.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How light or dark is the stone you are looking for? Morganite tends to be light and Malaya garnet has a medium tone and is flashier.
Will it be a ring stone or used as a pendant? I don't recommend zircon in a ring unless you are wiling to risk facet abrasion sooner rather than later.

Aussie_Doll

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a light pink, so more like morganite. I haven't found any morganites that I like the colour of, but then again I'm not 100% sure of where is the bes place to look. I know some spinels can be light pink as well as sapphire but I haven't seen any of these in a light colour.

It's for a ring, a rhr :)

I saw this...

http://www.customgemstones.com/TOPAZ/tz1479.html

It's listed at pastel peachy pink, but in the photo it looks purple?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks almost colourless to me, except for some dirty colour at the edges. :oops: Furthermore, a dark background enhances the colour and saturation of a gem, so expect it to be more pastel than shown. Paraiba International has a decent selection of morganites.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried Weblorn on ebay? She (I think it's a she?) has quite a few peachy/pink stones at the moment. I searched the peach ones onto one page at http://stores.ebay.com/Weblorns-Gem...ch&submit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1&_sid=56274006. You may well find some under pink also.

If you liked that 12+ct morganite you could ask a cutter whether it would cut to what you want, though you'd have to ask the vendor first because the depth isn't given in the dimensions.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aussie_Doll|1351393069|3293906 said:
I am looking for a light pink, so more like morganite. I haven't found any morganites that I like the colour of, but then again I'm not 100% sure of where is the bes place to look. I know some spinels can be light pink as well as sapphire but I haven't seen any of these in a light colour.

It's for a ring, a rhr :)

I saw this...

http://www.customgemstones.com/TOPAZ/tz1479.html

It's listed at pastel peachy pink, but in the photo it looks purple?
Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing this ring in person when the owner wore it into a local shop. It is a Richard Homer morganite and the color in person is a wonderful sparkly pink that anyone would be thrilled to own. I had to look really closely to see that the pink sapphire melee was colored. A stunning, stunning ring. :love:

Just saying that a photograph of some of these lighter pink stones may not tell the entire story. The photo of this ring and the stone does not convey its stunningness.

tleegold-01652richardhomermorganitepinksapphire.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
That's an amazing ring, Fly Girl. You are lucky to see that in person!

OP, reading over your post again, I thought this might be an interesting stone to you. It's from Gemfix, and I inquired after it because I was thinking about a champagne colored stone myself. So they sent me hand photos, and on the hand, depending on the light, it is an extremely adorable peachy nectarine color. That wasn't the shade I was looking for, so I passed on the stone, but it may be interesting to you. It's 9mm, so it's a rockin size.

Edited to add: It's a Malaya garnet, should have mentioned that before.

Their webpage photo:

On the hand:

malaia_208.jpg

malaya_208.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl that morganite is stunning! Was is that colour IRL though if the sapphires were much paler?

Jereni that's really pretty on the hand - I'm assuming that's Andrew's hand...so it really looked like that? I don't think we've yet had someone say how well the hand shots match the stone.

Aussie_Doll

Rough_Rock
I love the colour of that on the hand shot... Off to look at it now!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1351452579|3294216 said:
Flygirl that morganite is stunning! Was is that colour IRL though if the sapphires were much paler?
In real life the morganite was medium pink, very lively with lots of white light flashes and no hint of brown at all. The sapphires were tiny and glittery and at first I thought that they were champagne diamonds. Only when I got very close could I see the pink of the sapphires.

It was one of the most amazing colored stone rings that I have ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. Seeing something like that really spoils me. You just don't want to settle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results