shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So I''m slowly going to look for a setting for my morganite (slowly, because I''ve spent way too much money lately on my gem obsession!) but I want to get a sense of what kind of setting I want. That is where you ladies come in - I would definitely welcome ideas on what to do with it.

I thought about a pendant, but I''m so much more a ring person, and the morganite, while it''s big, isn''t too impossibly big for me to wear as a ring (although it''s a stretch
3.gif
). And I won''t be wearing it everyday, so I think I can be careful enough not to chip it. So I need ideas!

Above all, it has to be delicate, since it''s 4.33 ct. so halos, while I love them, are out
8.gif
Maybe a split shank? Or something simple? Can''t decide between diamonds on the band or a simple solitaire. What do you think? THANK YOU!!!

Here it is again: 4.33 ct., 9.6 mm, morganite Asscher

Pretty Things 4321.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For that baby, I''d go with a solitaire with split claw prongs . . . maybe split shank, but my immediate inclination is to go bezel set.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you consider rose gold?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My vote would be for a bezel set pendant - so yummy!

For a ring, I would do a solitaire with delicate double claw prongs and a knife edge shank, no diamonds. As you said, the stone is large for a ring, so I would keep it as simple as possible.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I love it.

And I would halo it, make it gonzo and amazing! But I get why you would not do it.

What a pretty stone!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
ROSE GOLD BEZEL!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! You are all reading my mind. I LOVE your suggestions, and please, keep them coming (if you find any examples of settings you think would look good with it, please post!)

Lauren, split claws were one of my first thoughts, with an Asscher this big (especially when I saw the split claws on Leon's r813
30.gif
). I DO love your bezel set diamond though! Sooo pretty!

Tacori and Kelli, I'm thinking about the rose gold. I think it would really make the pink POP, and it'd be so different from anything else I have since i usually wear white gold. I think it'll depend on the setting.

Lady Disdain, I like the knife edge idea - I didn't even think about that.

DiamondFan, I totally have this vision of an incredible haloed, paved setting - it would look sooo stunning - but I think it would overwhelm my finger. But for a few minutes, it was such a great dream
1.gif

So I'm absolutely mesmerized by the steps - I can't rave enough about Jeff's work. It's even making me question whether I still want a RB for future ering...or an Asscher...with split claws...and micropave...
30.gif

EDIT: Oh, and if you ladies have any recommendations for where I should go to find a setting, please let me know! I'm finding that a lot of the stock settings max out at 3 ct. so not sure where to start looking

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
BEG - How much are you looking to spend on the setting?

I love that stone - yay for Asschers! I want one! LOL.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
These are from The Natural Sapphire Co.

nasaphh2.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This ring holds an asscher. It is Danov design ME25. Your stone would be gorgeous in this!

danovme25.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results