shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

william_v

Rough_Rock
I just bought a 2 carat diamond and need help picking out a setting. The budget for the setting is 1200. I am looking ofr something similar to below that will sit flush to the wedding band.

L1055c.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
1200 isn't going to get you too far with an elaborate setting. where did you get your diamond?
did you look at faycullen?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what did wf quote you?

william_v

Rough_Rock
I also like this one

nicehot.jpg

william_v

Rough_Rock
WF quote me for what? WF didn''t have any settings I liked.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with belle, $1200 isn''t going to get you a high quality detailed setting.

You might get a quote from Whiteflash and see what it would cost to make in whitegold which will be cheaper than platinum

william_v

Rough_Rock
It doesn''t really have to have too much work. It needs to be white gold with diamonds embeded in the band. The want the pongs to be a basket shape. (basket could have diamonds)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF makes excellent custom creations for a very reasonable price. There is an advantage of having them make it and assume resposibility of setting your stone in case something happens. By the way, WF created the band in my avatar and the workmanship is excellent!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 3:30:51 AM
Author: kcoursolle
WF makes excellent custom creations for a very reasonable price. There is an advantage of having them make it and assume resposibility of setting your stone in case something happens. By the way, WF created the band in my avatar and the workmanship is excellent!

Good point about WF taking responsibility for the stone too. It''s always nice to get the stone and setting in the same place if possible. I think getting a quote from WF might surprise you and you''d be very happy with the final product.

william_v

Rough_Rock
this is nice from blue nile, but they won''t sell me the setting only.

DM15506500_200prof.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:02:19 AM
Author: william_v
Top view
I know someone who owns this BN setting. It''s very pretty, but nothing special. Someone else could easily reproduce it if that is the one you are in love with.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
check with Mark T at engagementringsdirect. I''ve heard he can get in the same settings that BlueNile gets..it''s worth a call anyway if you love that one..

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
But doesn''t he already have a 2carat diamond? I was under the impression that WF would not assume liability for a stone purchased elsewhere...

(and by the way kcoursolle....that band is amazing!!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:26:26 AM
Author: sunshine14

But doesn''t he already have a 2carat diamond? I was under the impression that WF would not assume liability for a stone purchased elsewhere...

sunshine, he said up above he bought his diamond from WF.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:37:01 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 2/8/2007 10:26:26 AM
Author: sunshine14

sunshine, he said up above he bought his diamond from WF.
Oops...sorry. That does make more sense now doesn''t it! Thanks for clarifying!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results