shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find a setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Hello to fellow pricescopers! I'm currently trying to find the PERFECT setting for my girlfriend soon to be fiance. I know I want a round cut diamond (and thanks to all the posts here I know exactly what I want!) And I know that I want a very simple setting. My girlfriend has told me she wants a ring where the diamond "doesn't stick out as much" and I know that she would love a cathedral setting. So I'm looking for a thin band cathedral setting, yet for some reason they seem to be very uncommon which surprises me. I plan on getting about a .7carat diamond, and I figure that a thin band will make the diamond look a little bigger. Yet almost all cathedral rings are pretty thick (3.0mm and above). I've found one that's pretty good at Whiteflash, but I want to consider all my options. Where else are some good options to find settings? I've looked pretty much at most of the vendors here at Pricescope- are there other good ones not listed on this site? Essentially what I'm looking for is something that is similar to this one with possibly white gold instead:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Sleek-Lines-Solitaire_688.htm

Can anyone recomend any other thin solitaire cathedral settings? (no sidestones) Thanks so much! You guys are awesome!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love that Whiteflash ring and it sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
I like the royal x prong as well, that''s a nice setting. But I''m trying to keep the price tag down on the setting so I can get a real sparkler of a diamond! That''s kinda why I wanted to find a white gold cathedral setting, and use that extra few hundred bucks to get a slighltly better rock, maybe upgrade to a H&A!
9.gif
My total budget is around $2500. Thanks guys!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wink from Winfields has a 2mm and 2.5 mm cathedral. I bought the 3 after trying some on in the store but if you like thin the 2 is definitely thin.

http://www.winkjones.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=260

Here is the link to his online store that has the settings. The white gold settings are pretty affordable and then platinum is just high right now in general but still not bad (I paid right under 1000 for my platinum cathedral from him including having the diamond set).

Good luck. I think some others will come on with some suggestions of places to get settings. His place just came to mind when you said slimmer cathedral. HTH!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
It seems like the winkjones settings are pretty nice and reasonably priced, but it''s very difficult to get a good idea of what they look like from the tiny little photos on the website. I could be wrong, but it seems like the prongs on those settings are longer than normal and would therefore cause the diamond to sit up higher on the ring. That is sort of the whole reason I want a cathedral setting is so the diamond appears to be more flush with the ring itself. Are the prongs high, or is it just the way it appears in the photos?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that the jeweler setting your diamond can set the stone lower--talk to them about it. The settings are flexible to allow for people''s tastes and the different shapes of stones, so give Wink a call and see if you can get the stone set as low as possible, and perhaps get him to send you some additional photos. They seem beautiful and just what you are after....

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 10:51:19 AM
Author: samkongado
It seems like the winkjones settings are pretty nice and reasonably priced, but it''s very difficult to get a good idea of what they look like from the tiny little photos on the website. I could be wrong, but it seems like the prongs on those settings are longer than normal and would therefore cause the diamond to sit up higher on the ring. That is sort of the whole reason I want a cathedral setting is so the diamond appears to be more flush with the ring itself. Are the prongs high, or is it just the way it appears in the photos?
They are a bit harder to see but I don''t really get the impression the prongs are higher than normal. Why don''t you just call and see if he can send you some detailed pics or talk to him about what you are looking for. He''s awesome to deal with really! He''s very, very honest and upfront. I really can''t say enough good things about him. My experience has been wonderful. I''m still awaiting my ring but I have no doubts that its beautiful (it''s being appraised at the moment...hurry rich hurry lmao!)

Small

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of those are Vatche (Wink has them but not on his website) and I considered using one for my RB. In the end, I chose the cathedral because I had seen it and knew I liked it already but it was a hard choice because I love the look of those Vatche settings (it''s like a cathedral with a basket head).
Good luck!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Old fashioned girl, I really like that one you sent the link for! But I don''t know where to find it! Do you have any idea which website it''s from?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Those are actually a new Vatche line that will be made by Vatche, but sell as unbranded. Wink has those, just got them and can give you a quote. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results