shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find a setting

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I have been really wanting an art deco (original or reproduction) for a RHR for a long time. I have a small .33 diamond that I'd like to use. It measures 4.38x4.38x2.85. I am a size 7.5, so I know the setting will need to be a little substantial. I want it to be comfortable enough for everyday wear but still provide some finger coverage. I explored the idea of having one custom made, but it was just a little out of my budget. I'd like to keep the setting ~$500 if possible. Is this unrealistic of me? I have been browsing diamond zone settings on eBay. They are super inexpensive, but I always believe you get what you pay for. Does anyone have experience with their settings?

Anyway......here are some inspiration pictures.

I love the octagonal plate around the diamond

I love the shape of this one. Obviously, my version would be much smaller.

I really like this mounting as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-CUSHION-ROUND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-COCKTAIL-FILIGREE-HALO-/171916752358?hash=item28070975e6

Like I said, I am totally open to reproductions or original settings. Or is my budget just not going to get me what I want? If not, then I will just save up a little longer! Thanks for any help!

7f6737a4297f668c090c96fbf3319c8b.jpg

1d0ec5bc05ce45bc38a0fb2e95100a3e.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a setting from Diamond Zone. It's really pretty and the engraving is so nice. It's really, really light weight though. It's not even two years old yet so I can't say if it has quality enough to last. I think it was a good value for the price and Ilya and Nick are really nice to work with.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1441302923|3923175 said:
I have a setting from Diamond Zone. It's really pretty and the engraving is so nice. It's really, really light weight though. It's not even two years old yet so I can't say if it has quality enough to last. I think it was a good value for the price and Ilya and Nick are really nice to work with.

Thank you! Do you think they can make the settings heavier? Obviously, they would cost more, but I am willing to pay for extra gold to make it more substantial for everyday wear.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-CUSHION-ROUND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-COCKTAIL-FILIGREE-HALO-/171916752358?hash=item28070975e6

Like I said, I am totally open to reproductions or original settings. Or is my budget just not going to get me what I want? If not, then I will just save up a little longer! Thanks for any help!

So funny, mydiamondzone is exactly who I thought of when you mentioned your budget. I really like that setting that you have
linked. I would talk to them and see what they have to say.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1441730634|3925022 said:

So funny, mydiamondzone is exactly who I thought of when you mentioned your budget. I really like that setting that you have
linked. I would talk to them and see what they have to say.

I have reached out to them and hopefully will hear back quickly!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is cast, so the settings are made by the wax mould. To create a thicker ring, a new wax will have to be made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results