shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a round 2.5!

upgradetime

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I’ve been lurking but finally ready to pull the trigger on my first LGD. I’m a bit overwhelmed after reading lots of posts so hoping you can help me find a beautiful round stone, approx 2.5ish carats. I would prefer to stay in the D-G color range and to avoid blue nuance. On the material, is it preferable to avoid CVD? I welcome advice advice or atone recs!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, upgradetime!
Wow, I think you win the registered member lurker contest!

Screenshot_20240317-082039-871.png

HPHT or CVD can both produce high material quality, but also produce some really bad.

All rules for cut precision and optics for earth grown diamonds will obviously apply to human grown diamonds, so it can be both a challenge and an easy task...and what I mean by that is because quite a lot of LGDs are cut and proportioned to fall within true ideal ranges, but sometimes the cut precision can be a bit wonky, depending on how extreme towards utmost perfect that you want to find.

Do you have a budget cap in mind for the 2.5 carat D-G?

upgradetime

Rough_Rock
Hello, upgradetime!
Wow, I think you win the registered member lurker contest!

Screenshot_20240317-082039-871.png

HPHT or CVD can both produce high material quality, but also produce some really bad.

All rules for cut precision and optics for earth grown diamonds will obviously apply to human grown diamonds, so it can be both a challenge and an easy task...and what I mean by that is because quite a lot of LGDs are cut and proportioned to fall within true ideal ranges, but sometimes the cut precision can be a bit wonky, depending on how extreme towards utmost perfect that you want to find.

Do you have a budget cap in mind for the 2.5 carat D-G?

Wow! I didn’t realize I’ve been lurking that long

Helpful reply, thank you! I’d ideally like to spend less than $2500 - is that possible? There is a large range of prices when I search for my specs!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I didn’t realize I’ve been lurking that long

Helpful reply, thank you! I’d ideally like to spend less than $2500 - is that possible? There is a large range of prices when I search for my specs!

I've found ONE that I think will be perfect!
Let me know when you're ready and I'll post the link(s) - multiple sellers have it listed so you can pick your favorite shop and ask for a price match lickety-split.

upgradetime

Rough_Rock
I've found ONE that I think will be perfect!
Let me know when you're ready and I'll post the link(s) - multiple sellers have it listed so you can pick your favorite shop and ask for a price match lickety-split.

I’m ready!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I’m ready!

Here you go - thoughts?

360 video link (they didn't align it perfectly...looks like it tilted towards the right by 1 or 2 degrees):

Grading Report link:

upgradetime

Rough_Rock
Here you go - thoughts?

360 video link (they didn't align it perfectly...looks like it tilted towards the right by 1 or 2 degrees):

Grading Report link:

This one is stunning! I’ve actually never seen a LGD in person but looked at countless videos and pictures online. What about another in 2.2ish carat range? I would like to order 2 sizes and select one to keep

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This one is stunning! I’ve actually never seen a LGD in person but looked at countless videos and pictures online. What about another in 2.2ish carat range? I would like to order 2 sizes and select one to keep

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one right around 2.5cts. There seems to be some sort of filter on the video. It's a GIA VS1, so I wouldn't be worried about the clarity.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's one right around 2.5cts. There seems to be some sort of filter on the video. It's a GIA VS1, so I wouldn't be worried about the clarity.

Looks like a perfect diamond to my eyes - great find, Kim N!

emoji-with-hair-chefs-kiss-jxz1db8iuffrsqxz.gif

upgradetime

Rough_Rock
Here you go - thoughts?

Grading Report link:

I ordered the 2.66 carat and just got it today! It’s gorgeous, hard to capture in photos. Any thoughts? I was worried it would be too big but I love the size! 3AB366B2-94AC-4B17-9242-FA7954AB4050.jpeg

Attachments

• 92120470-BDCE-452D-9C02-46BE19AC2AA9.jpeg
    92120470-BDCE-452D-9C02-46BE19AC2AA9.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 14

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing finger coverage! Congratulations!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the 2.66 carat and just got it today! It’s gorgeous, hard to capture in photos. Any thoughts? I was worried it would be too big but I love the size! 3AB366B2-94AC-4B17-9242-FA7954AB4050.jpeg

Holy smokes - your diamond looks GREAT!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results