shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a great e-ring for ca. $2000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceman72

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help me find a great diamond online? I have a budget of ca. $2000. I''m a little confused by all of the variables and trade offs that go into staying in my budget. I would love to prevail upon the more seasoned posters for help!

Looking for:
Cut: Princess
Size: No smaller than .70
Color: F-H Color
Setting: Solitaire, simple - Platinum or White Gold

The rest I leave up to you.

Thanks a million!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
At that budget, you'll need to go white gold in order to get .7ct. Even then, it's gonna be tight, and you won't be getting a fantastically cut stone (just gd or vg).

You could get this stone with this setting, and come out $21 over budget.

rwvault15

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for a very similar stone, but my setting is a little more expensive. I''m looking very strongly towards james allen as they have a setting I prefer. I am looking in the F-H, VS2-SI1 for an ideal cut princess in the .70-.74. The one I''m looking at is closer to $1900 for either an F SI1 or a G VS2, but there are several options that would be in the $1700 range with the PS discount which would leave you just enough for your white gold solitare setting. The other site to check out is engagement rings direct. They also have an excellent selection in that range as well. The whiteflash ACA''s are amazing, but to get in your price range you''re probably looking at an I color. They currently only have a couple choices as well. But check out those options, you can definitely find what you''re looking for, but don''t take my stone!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m of no help when it comes to anything but a round stone. I did check out some prices, & although you want to stay with an H, just wondering with a tight budget if you want to lower that to an I. I''m not sure from your posts if you prefer the solitaire because it''s what she wants, what you want, or simply because of budget. In doing some searching...you can drop to SI 1 or 2, I, & be anwywhere from .73 to .75 in size, and then you may be able to get a more elaborate setting. I found some on JamesAllen that were reasonable with sidestonesl,
#1233W $680
1210w $760
1218 $785
1216w $700
1200 w 570
1217--$820...I love this one & would look amazingly elegant & simple. Plus has .60 ct in princess sidestones

Now as I said, cant comment on any stones, but check out diamond # 1104077..SI-2, I, .71, $1430...not sure if this is before or after a discount. And again, not sure if you''re just starting your search & not sure about pricing but you may have to go up a $300 to 400 or so to make your ring possible. If you do, it will be fantastic. The WF setting that has been posted is very very elegant if you go with a solitaire setting. WF has nothing listed, but give them a call because they can often find something in the general database that everyone can find it in. Also, check with Jim about this too. He can locate something he doesnt have in stock. Worth a shot to ask.

Judy
:)

iceman72

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help!

iceman72

Rough_Rock
CCU,

THanks for your reply. She is interested in only a solitaire setting, so no need to go too elaborate there. Does anyone have experience with the I color stones? I''m wondering if it would best to do a very well cut stone (A cut above etc.) and then maybe get better clarity??

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you get a top cut stone, you can actually be much more loose with the clarity because the diamond will sparkle so much, you won''t notice any inclusions.
yay for well cut, sparkly diamonds!
36.gif

iceman72

Rough_Rock
thanks belle - just what i wanted to hear!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
do a search for Eugenewood, he was looking for an ering in your price range and there are plenty of tips in his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results