shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a flower girl dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so Y has picked her colors and the BM and JBM dresses have been ordered in victorian rose: http://www.venusbridal.com/cgi-bin/d_colorsDuchess.asp

I''m allowed to pick any floor length dress in a pink color that doesn''t clash with this. Any suggestions? I went to the mall and there didn''t seem to be anything pick out.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, I thought these sites had some cute dresses:
www.jordansfashions.com - Sweet Beginnings dresses
usangels.com

I haven''t actually gone to these sites but have clippings of dresses from there and they are very cute! I hope that helps a little. I haven''t actually started this process myself so sorry I''m not more help.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:16:19 PM
Author: dixie94
Robbie, I thought these sites had some cute dresses:

www.jordansfashions.com - Sweet Beginnings dresses

usangels.com

I haven''t actually gone to these sites but have clippings of dresses from there and they are very cute! I hope that helps a little. I haven''t actually started this process myself so sorry I''m not more help.

dixie,

The dress is for her! She''s the flower girl.
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Woops!
emembarrassed.gif
I was a little confused reading the post but didn't think about it long enough to make that connection but now I remember you posting awhile back about being a flower girl.

Um, thanks Ebree for that clarification!!

Ok, I take back my sites. Sorry!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
lol. it''s ok.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robbie,
have you checked out Chadwicks? I''m not sure of their selection at the moment, but they usually have bm gowns, full length, at an affordable price.

and i know it''s not too exciting, but have you checked out jcpenney''s online bridal store? i seem to remember a few cute dresses in there but at the time they were mostly strapless and my bms didn''t want those, but could be worth checking out,
especially as spring gets closer they may change the selection

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Do you like any of these? We ordered our FG dresses from shopbriarpatch.com- such great prices for adorable dresses; fast shipping too. We didn't order until a month prior to the wedding in case they grew and the dresses were in plenty of time.

Have you thought about an ivory dress and having a sash made from the BM's dress fabric?

thebriarpatch_1930_16937242.

http://shopbriarpatch.com/beautivwhitg.html

thebriarpatch_1930_21498186

http://shopbriarpatch.com/siltulgowwit.html

thebriarpatch_1930_25075446

http://shopbriarpatch.com/sofsatalgoww.html

thebriarpatch_1930_28057220

Comes in a lavendar

http://shopbriarpatch.com/dupsilpardre.html

ETA: Just realized my mistake- ADMIN please delete this post.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy, this is going to be another fun thread! Maybe you shouldn''t call it a "flower GIRL dress"... I thought we were going with something like "Flower Maiden"?

I hope Victorian Rose isn''t quite as mauvey as I''m seeing on my screen!
20.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 10:32:18 AM
Author: sumbride
Oh boy, this is going to be another fun thread! Maybe you shouldn''t call it a ''flower GIRL dress''... I thought we were going with something like ''Flower Maiden''?

I hope Victorian Rose isn''t quite as mauvey as I''m seeing on my screen!
20.gif
Sum, I think it has a bit of purple to it, but I haven''t actually seen it in person, so I don''t know.

Molly, the dress is actually for me. I''m the flower girl/maiden in my cousin''s wedding. Lol. I have a feeling I''m going to have to explain this a lot.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think she''s doing you any favors on the floor length pink dress.... that''s not something easily found, now or otherwise. I''ve checked all the usual suspects and it looks like you may just want to get a bridesmaid dress!!!

I did find this little beauty though, if you really want to play up the flower girl aspect...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
maybe also look at prom dresses. Alfred Angelo has a prom website too.

And I found this on ebay but I don't know your size.

And this is like a fairy princess dress!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions Sum! I''m definitely not a size 5. I almost LOLed when i clicked on the poofy one. Haha. I actually found a few things that are possibilities on ebay. When I first searched I guess it was only searching people, but I some how managed to get it to search ebay stores and there''s a lot more.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
So, are you looking to have fun with this? If you are, I''ve got some suggestions (just say the word, and I''ll let ''em rip- It seemed like you wanted to have fun with it in your previous thread, but if you really are taking this seriously, I don''t want to make light)...
9.gif
31.gif
2.gif
If you are taking it seriously, then ordering a different bridesmaid dress you like in that color would probably be the easiest way to go. Maybe something like this (Venus style K084D). The pickups make it a little more frilly and "flower girl" like, and as long as the BM dresses don''t have them, you''ll stand out:

venus1.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
or this (Venus style K284D):

venus2.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m all for having fun with it, though I do need to decide by april if I''ll be buying a diff dress or ordering one that''s the same as either the BM or JBM. Y says she''s going to call me tomorrow to discuss another option as well. I think she might offer to pay for part of the dress, but I really don''t want her to do that. The dresses are only $150 and it''s not like I can''t spend that much, but I''d rather not if I can avoid it. Plus, I don''t really see myself rewearing either the JBM dress or the BM dress.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So now she wants you to match the JBM?

Is it too late to back out?

I don''t see this going well.... not at all...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, that''s a hard color to try and compelment or match..
These are pinks from bluefly:

Those are all here and under $200.

and purples here:

And a few from Nordstrom.com

_5350764.jpg
_5332537.jpg
_5327595.jpg
_5332105.jpg

Wouldn''t it be great if her girls are all in lavender polyester and you end up in a silk Vera? Also white and Ivory go great with lavender and I know you have a few of those... Enjoy!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Are they still thinking of using the name Skywalker? If so, you might be able to get this in Victorian Rose...

15244.jpg

Okay, sorry -- I''m being naughty and not helpful.
2.gif
I''ve been reading some of your updates and just can''t get over the whole situation.

Best of luck in finding a dress! I''m sure you''ll be a wonderful flower girl.
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I can always count on my PSers to make me laugh!

Here are some things on ebay that I''m looking at:

97aa_1.JPG

9947_1.JPG

b72f_1_b.JPG

bbc6_1.JPG

b989_1.JPG

I really like this one. It''s a vera:

VW18M43f.jpg

VW18M43bk.jpg

5559d-rose-2.jpg

5559d-rose-6.jpg

86_1.JPG

e6_1.JPG

This one is another favorite right now:
7e0f_1.JPG

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I missed the memo about long...

That Vera is also on the sample sale page at Glenn and Co. Come to think of it, there are a few long pinkish things there. Might be worth a glance:
http://www.glennandcompany.com/MaidsLong.html

14M19WintermelonFront.jpg
16M14Front.jpg
18M43Front.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 2:23:26 PM
Author: elsie
Are they still thinking of using the name Skywalker? If so, you might be able to get this in Victorian Rose...

15244.jpg

Okay, sorry -- I''m being naughty and not helpful.
2.gif
I''ve been reading some of your updates and just can''t get over the whole situation.

Best of luck in finding a dress! I''m sure you''ll be a wonderful flower girl.
1.gif

BWAHAHAHAHA! That''s classic!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Robbie, I''m really loving that Vera!
30.gif
Just for giggles, here are some that I found on eBay:

FG1.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Another:

FG2.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Another:

FG3.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Last one (for now, lol). Let me know if you would like any of the item numbers!
2.gif
9.gif

FG4.jpg

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Kerbear, LOL! I swear we''ve been bitten by the same bug today.

Seriously, though -- Robbie, I do love the Vera as well. So elegant!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes the flowergirls get a mini replica of the bride''s dress. Now, wouldn''t it just be toooo amusing if you were to show up in a replica of her dress?
31.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found the dress! I put an offer on it and hopefully they''ll accept it. if not though, I''ll just use the buy it now price. It''s by the same designer as the BM and JBM dresses so I know the color will match. I emailed it to Y just as she was calling me to suggest this EXACT dress which she hadn''t seen on ebay. Too weird. Apparently this was the 3rd dress that she liked and really wanted me to get this one. Who would''ve thought I''d randomly find it on ebay in my size in the right color?

Keep your fingers crossed that I win!

67ac_1.JPG

6808_1.JPG

67d8_1.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Offer accepted! Woohoo!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool deal! Great to hear that you got it at your offered price and it ended up being the dress she wanted anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results