Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a chunky setting for my sapphire!

ItsMainelyYou

Brilliant_Rock
Well sh*t, I'm torn now!
I love both iterations. Which orientation is singing to you?
I think, I think, I may actually favor N/S?!
I can't wait for it to be done, so I can see what my future ring will look like...:Up_to_something:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to like the flow of the cutout gallery area merging in to the lines of the shank from the narrower tab prong on the n/s version better than how it looks on the e/w version, coming from that wider tab prong. (Or is it that the cutouts themselves may need to be bigger, in the bigger area that was created by rotating the sapphire?)
But I seem to like the top down look of the e/w setting better.
Do you think the partial bezel is enough different from the full bezel to let more light in the way you wish?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Not an easy choice! I like things about both and either will be beautiful.
The NS wins out by a narrow margin for me. Can’t wait to see the finished ring!

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @ItsMainelyYou, @Rfisher and @Bluemuse for your feedback!

I love both - I also think NS is winning by a small margin for me.

@Rfisher now that I am seeing it - I wonder if it’s letting in enough light...I think it will be better than the current setting (which lets in none) and I love the cutout detail...but I wonder if the original design would let in a bit more? I just don’t want pave on the sides because I thought it might scrape against bands...I’m not sure how else to let more light in - I only find bezels / semi bezels all that comfortable to wear

64EFFB94-9061-470B-A08B-4E81443092C5.png

Edit -maybe I could ask him to cut a little more out?

EBEC2EA6-1CDD-4235-B81E-4E103AC1CC49.jpeg

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree cut down the prongs on the east west and it will look markedly better. I’d say the same for the north south.

I prefer east west. Stone looks bigger setting looks more fluid and the floral design is not changed by the extra mm if size.

But this ain’t my ring! ;-)

Tartansparkles

Shiny_Rock
Ohh, it looks gorgeous. My initial reaction is that EW looks chunkier and NS looks more refined. Obviously I'm biased...but I would defo explore removing more of the bezel but with the disclaimer that you need to be more careful when placing the ring on a hard surface.

I hope these are helpful. The zircon is 10x8ish (a bit wonky). The band is 2mm off the finger and 4mm wide.

IMG_20210112_091103991.jpg

Attachments

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have anything to add design wise, but this ring is going to be stunning! That blue! Holy cow!

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, it looks gorgeous. My initial reaction is that EW looks chunkier and NS looks more refined. Obviously I'm biased...but I would defo explore removing more of the bezel but with the disclaimer that you need to be more careful when placing the ring on a hard surface.

I hope these are helpful. The zircon is 10x8ish (a bit wonky). The band is 2mm off the finger and 4mm wide.

IMG_20210112_091103991.jpg

Beautiful ring - I just adore it!!! I have a semi bezel 3 stone ring so was looking at slightly different versions of “semi bezels” so they didn’t seem too similar - thanks for sharing yours

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am sticking to the N/S version - but David made the cutouts bigger on the E/W version and I think that will make a big difference letting more light in

DK 64608-QUAD-5.jpg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.