shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a beautiful diamond for the girl. Rate this diamond deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

morphi0uz

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I am new to the arena, but love online communities. I have recently gone shopping with the girl and gave my contact information out to a couple of people. One place that had good service, and good looking products gave me a call back with a great price (or so I think).

Can anyone comment on this quote that I got?

Style: Round
Carats: 1.01
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Premium
Polish/Symmetry: GD/VG
Price: $4293
EGL Graded & Laser Inscribed

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be good to have a little more information:
1. EGL USA? EGL Europe? EGL Israel? Which EGL cert is this?
2. Table %
3. Depth%
4. Crown angle
5. Pavilion angle
6. Culet information

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 12:38:27 PM
Author:morphi0uz
Hey all,

I am new to the arena, but love online communities. I have recently gone shopping with the girl and gave my contact information out to a couple of people. One place that had good service, and good looking products gave me a call back with a great price (or so I think).

Can anyone comment on this quote that I got?

Style: Round
Carats: 1.01
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Premium
Polish/Symmetry: GD/VG
Price: $4293
EGL Graded & Laser Inscribed
Welcome!

Does the price quoted include the setting or just for the diamond - if it doese include the setting - what type of metal, style and does it contain any accent diamonds?

First a few points, EGL labs are believed to be softer on grading than some other labs such as GIA and AGS, this page goes into further detail. So what that can mean for the consumer in some cases that a diamond might be graded lower for colour and clarity if graded by GIA or AGS etc, for example an E SI1 could come back as a F or G colour and SI2 or even I1 clarity.
EGL USA is thought to be the strongest of the EGL labs, so if you could find out which EGL lab graded this diamond such as USA, Israel, Antwerp etc then that would help.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/grading.asp

We also need more info on the proportions of the diamond, can you post the depth, table, crown and pavilion percents, diameter measurements and girdle thickness please so we can help you judge the cut of the diamond. It is cut quality which gives a diamond its beauty and although not everyone wants a top quality cut, good proportions and finish are still important to give you a pretty gem.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 12:44:54 PM
Author: Chrono
2. Table %
3. Depth%
4. Crown angle
5. Pavilion angle
6. Culet information
Chrono, EGL use percents for crown and pavilion measurements, not angles.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 12:47:28 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/2/2009 12:44:54 PM
Author: Chrono
2. Table %
3. Depth%
4. Crown angle
5. Pavilion angle
6. Culet information
Chrono, EGL use percents for crown and pavilion measurements, not angles.
Correct. My bad, I remember now that EGL does things a little differently than GIA and AGS and % aren''t as accurate as angles.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I have an EGL USA stone, and the cert has %'s for crown and pavilion, but when I viewed the online EGL report, the angles were listed as well. Lucky for me, the angle info gave me a better HCA score than the %'s! It's worth checking out, because some EGL stones do have that info. For the particular diamond you listed, I would contact the store and ask if they have the actual EGL certificate. If you can get the certificate number, and the cert was done in or after 1995, you can go to eglusa.com, click on "online results", and enter the cert #.

However, definitely look at some of the PS vendors; I wish I knew about them before I bought my first stone years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results