shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Find a 2.5 Carat Ideal Cut Round For a Friend!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the WF and Victor Canera stones but would be concerned about clarity. I'd take whichever looks cleaner, and that would mean ordering them loose to look at. But I honestly would not buy a diamond that size unless it was VS2 or higher.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the WF and Victor Canera stones but would be concerned about clarity. I'd take whichever looks cleaner, and that would mean ordering them loose to look at. But I honestly would not buy a diamond that size unless it was VS2 or higher.
I was actually just thinking the same thing... if the inclusions are a concern, why not go slightly smaller in size and higher in clarity? That would give you the added benefit of the "mind clean" assurances, and the stone will be so sparkly that it will still look huge! If this idea appeals to you, I just found two more that you should definitely check out (one slightly under budget and one slightly over). The specs on both of these are amazing, and the only appreciable difference is VS1 vs. VS2 (and thus a price difference), but both of them would be incredibly eye clean. Here goes:

2.202 G VS2
2.234 G VS1

They are both incredible stones IMHO, and you can't go wrong with either one! :love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this stone had already been posted, and to me it is perfection (and priced lower than some comps). But she said he wanted larger. 2.22 G VS1 @ $32,773. This is the stone I'd buy personally if I could find a reason to justify another diamond! lol! But I do understand that some people value size more, and in that case, it would have to be a super clean SI1.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4024619.htm

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So we have a couple of votes for WF, a vote for VC and a few votes for neither!! @diamondseeker2006 and @carbonfan I love the stones that you recommended but he doesn't want to drop down in size. He decided to order the WF 2.5 F stone that @crbl999 had recommended so that we can inspect it in person. He likes the jump in color, and that the largest inclusion is white and off to the side.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So we have a couple of votes for WF, a vote for VC and a few votes for neither!! @diamondseeker2006 and @carbonfan I love the stones that you recommended but he doesn't want to drop down in size. He decided to order the WF 2.5 F stone that @crbl999 had recommended so that we can inspect it in person. He likes the jump in color, and that the largest inclusion is white and off to the side.
That is exciting, and I am sure it will be beautiful! If he has any hesitations about the inclusions, he would need to either increase the budget slightly for a VS2 stone or go down slightly in size. But the good news is that both VC and WF offer very generous upgrade policies (lifetime trade up for any stone that is of equal or greater value). So he just needs to figure out what he wants to start with, realizing that there will likely be opportunities to go up in size/color/clarity in the future (big anniversaries are a fun time to do this!). Regardless, keep us posted on how things go, and if he needs to go back to the drawing board for any reason we will be happy to help!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just to update this thread-- I ended up reaching out to @LaylaR at HP Diamonds so that we could look at some CBIs next to the WF stone. To our eyes, the CBI stones blew the WF stone that we had in hand out of the water. He ended up going with a 2.5 H SI1 stone that is totally eye clean. The H CBI stone seemed to be an entire color grade whiter than the H Whiteflash stone that we had looked at initially, and my friend felt comfortable with the minimal warmth of this particular H.

Here is a photo of the final stone. I hope that this gives a sense of the crisp faceting and the pastel colors that the stone gave off:
CBI stone.jpg

I have a video but I need to figure out how to post it....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to update this thread-- I ended up reaching out to @LaylaR at HP Diamonds so that we could look at some CBIs next to the WF stone. To our eyes, the CBI stones blew the WF stone that we had in hand out of the water. He ended up going with a 2.5 H SI1 stone that is totally eye clean. The H CBI stone seemed to be an entire color grade whiter than the H Whiteflash stone that we had looked at initially, and my friend felt comfortable with the minimal warmth of this particular H.
Congrats to your friend. :clap: what are the specs?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow; that looks like a drop-dead gorgeous stone! :love: I am so glad that you were able to view the two stones side-by-side to judge with your own eyes; there really is no substitute for that! And what a wonderful friend you are to have helped locate this stunning diamond! Please post more photos and specs if you can, and congratulations on an amazing find!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Huge H! Love it. And interesting about the inperson comparison. Glad you could work that out. Pics when he sets it, and more when he proposes!! And you met gypsy? So cool!!! @LaylaR

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire and @carbonfan looks like HP took down the page already so I can’t link to the full specs unfortunately. @ringo865 we did not get to meet @LaylaR in person, but She arranged a viewing of several diamonds at Diamond One in NYC. I dont have many other photos (it wasn’t my stone so I didn’t get to play with it as much). I’ll be sure to take a photo of the ring after he proposes though!!!!

I will also say that we saw several SI1 CBIs and they were all completely eye clean. It was really helpful to see these in person. If I had just picked stones based on the reports, I might have skipped over this one, and I’m so glad that I didn’t!

I thought that I was an old cut person but now I might want one of these super sparkly stones :love:.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire and @carbonfan looks like HP took down the page already so I can’t link to the full specs unfortunately. @ringo865 we did not get to meet @LaylaR in person, but She arranged a viewing of several diamonds at Diamond One in NYC. I dont have many other photos (it wasn’t my stone so I didn’t get to play with it as much). I’ll be sure to take a photo of the ring after he proposes though!!!!

I will also say that we saw several SI1 CBIs and they were all completely eye clean. It was really helpful to see these in person. If I had just picked stones based on the reports, I might have skipped over this one, and I’m so glad that I didn’t!

I thought that I was an old cut person but now I might want one of these super sparkly stones :love:.
I think I remember the stone . was it a 255ct ?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DancingFire Do you remember the specs of the 2.55?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results