shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me evaluate this diamond

dtb520

Rough_Rock
Hi all! First time poster. My fiance and I are upgrading my current diamond to just sliiiightly bigger, from a 0.61 to a 0.90-ish. I have to go through the online retailer we bought my initial diamond from as they offer lifetime upgrades and allow for the total cost of your original purchase to go to a new one. I went to a local jeweler and my stone got appraised for 1/3 of what we paid for it, so that was a no-go.

Anyhow, I've been perusing diamonds for weeks and have narrowed it down to this one, but since my fiance likely won't be so patient if I change my mind again after the return period, I need some expert advice on if it's an excellent diamond.

For reference, my current 0.61 is a XXX GIA certified E color, VVS2 clarity, medium fluorescence.

Here are the dimensions for the potential upgrade:

0.90 carats
F Color
VS1 Clarity
Measures 6.23 x 6.21 x 3.79
57% table
60.9% depth
No fluorescence
34% crown angle
40.6% pavilion angle
42.5% pavilion depth
50% star facet length
80% lower girdle half
No culet
Medium-Slightly Thick Girdle (faceted 4.0%)

I am excited to see some arrows, but am unsure about the dark contrast at the tip of the arrows around the girdle. I am not sure what that's called. I've uploaded a photo for viewing.

Looking forward to your analyses!!

img_4855.png

Krod

Rough_Rock
ask for an idealscope or aset image. It would be much easier to judge as diamonds bounce light easily and can cause it to look like there is extra going on with the diamond when there is not.

It does have excellent proportions and a good HCA score, but if you want to know more about it, you will have to get further imaging. I wasnt sure about the whole idealscope or aset; but I was blown away by how much more they tell you about the diamond and how it will perform.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are wasting money on a F VS1.

I would go for a G SI1 that is eyeclean and go as big as you can.

dtb520

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461295974|4022309 said:
You are wasting money on a F VS1.

I would go for a G SI1 that is eyeclean and go as big as you can.

I had a feeling at least one person would say this. I did apply those filters in my search and literally one diamond came up under the price of this one with a far worse cut. I even went down to 'H'. Thank you though. I'm hoping to get help evaluating this diamond, as requested. I did request an ASET image and should receive same in a few days. Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers are great on it. I would requsest an IS instead of an ASET.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results